Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!!

Some evening fun.

B:    Tambling, Thursfield, Moore
HB:  Deledio,   McGuane,  Newman
C:    Astbury,   Martin,      Tuck
HF:  Cotchin,   Rance,      Nason
F:    Morton,    Riewoldt,  Nahas
Foll: Vickery,    Polo,         Jackson  
Interchange (from): Webberley, White, Collins, Edwards, Farmer, Polak

Out: Cousins (inj)

Hope we get close, ....... but not too close.  ;)

What a bunch of sooks this PRE joint can be sometimes. Morton shabbily treated? - you have to be kidding me. He was a potplant in our forward line last week. Find some intensity or enjoy the splendour of Coburg I say.

And I don't mind Luke McGuane, but he laid about as much body contact last week as a Goal Defence in an under 12s netball match. Bugger off Luke, and come back when you feel like making a contest against a VFL player (just like Podsiadly).

White - meh. Don't really rate him, but you have to look at everyone on our list and he might as well come in against a team struggling a bit for footspeed.

Good on you, Dimma. Keep making them accountable and keep trying out our options until you know what you have ... going forward.

hopper said:
What a bunch of sooks this PRE joint can be sometimes. Morton shabbily treated? - you have to be kidding me. He was a potplant in our forward line last week. Find some intensity or enjoy the splendour of Coburg I say.

Sorry dont agree. Morton wasn't the best last week but he certainly wasn't a potplant. His defensive pressure has been alot better than last year (obviously by instruction). In a team that is last and getting very little structured ball into the forward line (just 41 inside 50s last week), the role that Morton is required to play as a pseudo-tall is a very difficult one. There has to be some other reason he has been dropped.

Nico said:
I think Polak will support TV and rest in the forward line. Would be such a bonus if he could hold his own in the ruck, and snag a few.

Considering he has 25 goals in 108 career games and a career high of 3 goals it will take his best ever effort to "snag a few". I'd be happy if he just puts hands above his head....

morton - harsh. one of our best ball users and should be rotated through the middle and half back. if deledio is playing half back cos we don't have good ball users then give morton a go and leave deledio in the middle.

mcguane - good decision

good luck Ron on your first game.

Harry said:
morton - harsh. one of our best ball users and should be rotated through the middle and half back. if deledio is playing half back cos we don't have good ball users then give morton a go and leave deledio in the middle.

mcguane - good decision

good luck Ron on your first game.

LOL. Yes good luck Jeromey. Here's hoping you have a big one like Ronny.

GO TIGES!!!

hopper said:
Yet Jack didn,t get the chop after his antics against Freo.Go figure.

hopper said:

And I don't mind Luke McGuane, but he laid about as much body contact last week as a Goal Defence in an under 12s netball match. Bugger off Luke, and come back when you feel like making a contest against a VFL player (just like Podsiadly).

White - meh. Don't really rate him, but you have to look at everyone on our list and he might as well come in against a team struggling a bit for footspeed.

Good on you, Dimma. Keep making them accountable and keep trying out our options until you know what you have ... going forward.

Agree to disagree, big time.

bowden4president said:
I'm not happy with Morton himself!! As you said, he can play some good footy when he's on, but recently he has been off.
Being a goal scoring small forward in a side struggling is the hardest gig in football.

He is the genunie article in my opinion. At least as good as LeCras and Robbie Gray who everyone is raving abojut at the moment.

Morton needs to move into the midfield.

He is too good a footballer to sit in a pocket looking for the occasional hanger. He needs to be in an outside running role and he needs genuine marking forwards to kick to.

He doesn't seem like a natural midfielder to me. But it wouldn't hurt to try him there i suppose.

evo said:
He doesn't seem like a natural midfielder to me. But it wouldn't hurt to try him there i suppose.

He is a goal-kicking midfielder. He should be playing a role similar to the one that Nason is playing, basically running between the arcs, pushing back in defence when needed but running out hard when the ball turns over to be a link man out of defence.

We know he can kick goals from around 50 and we know he can push forward and be dangerous. He needs to develop his running, just like about 25 of his team-mates.

After his years at Hawthorn, Hardwick must be pulling his hair out a the lack of hard-running and second efforts that he has inherited. I would imagine that will be a big focus area for him come next November.

evo said:
Being a goal scoring small forward in a side struggling is the hardest gig in football.

He is the genunie article in my opinion. At least as good as LeCras and Robbie Gray who everyone is raving abojut at the moment.

Agree totally. You can't teach natural ability and he has heaps of it. Playing smaller forward at the Tigers would send anyone bonkers.

TOT70 said:
Morton needs to move into the midfield.

I've pushed for this previously as he really needs to aspire to spend effective time on the ball to round out his game.
I think Dimma tried Morton on the ball in the Melbourne game and he really struggled to have an impact. Then he was dropped but I didn't think much patience was shown.

Agree though that he'd look a lot better if he wasn't playing as a key target up forward but he's at the crossroads atm.