Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!!

If this is not a huge message to Angus and Browne i don't know what is. Angus in particular.

Polak deserves his spot based on Coburg form and I hope he makes a good fist of it. It would be great to have him contributing enough in the forward line to take the heat off Jack, and doing the same in the ruck to help TV out.

If he just continually presents an option and crashes packs I could see him staying on the list for awhile yet to help out the young blokes. Rather him than Troy any day.

Baloo said:
Mate, it's fairly obvious that our football dept feel that Simmonds is the best we have. Actually, the best by such a margin that when he get's injured, our two other Ruckmen, Angus and Browne, don't even get a crack at the firsts.

This has been the strongest message I've seen from the club that without Simmonds, we don't have a ruckman (other than Plasma).

Hard to read it any other way isn't it.

I have been assumeing that Simmo would get dropped soon for Browne or Graham, and that we haven't seen either of them yet because ruck is such a crash and bash position.

All the other kids have got plenty of games so far, but of course you don't want your younger ruchman crashing into blokes 20 kgs bigger week after week, other wise they will feel the effects.

But you would assume one of them would get a game this week. Can only assume form doesn't warrent selection.

We shouldn't forget that Simmo is playing for the club, not himself. We didn't have anyone else who could take the hits this year, so he stayed on.

Obviously he's past his best, but personally I respect him for his attitude this year... he won't be there long-term, so there's no reason to bag him.

He's doing the club a favour by playing even though it's dragging his name through the mud this year... a very selfless act I reckon.

Baloo said:
Mate, it's fairly obvious that our football dept feel that Simmonds is the best we have. Actually, the best by such a margin that when he get's injured, our two other Ruckmen, Angus and Browne, don't even get a crack at the firsts.

This has been the strongest message I've seen from the club that without Simmonds, we don't have a ruckman (other than Plasma).
Harsh but fair comment.
It's a shame. Just expected (hoped) that Graham and/or Browne would be ready to go by now.

rockstar_tiger said:
We shouldn't forget that Simmo is playing for the club, not himself. We didn't have anyone else who could take the hits this year, so he stayed on.

Obviously he's past his best, but personally I respect him for his attitude this year... he won't be there long-term, so there's no reason to bag him.

He's doing the club a favour by playing even though it's dragging his name through the mud this year... a very selfless act I reckon.

Exactly..well said :clap :clap

\Yeah, seconded. Bagging Simmo is pretty much a waste of internetz.

Until I found out last week the situation with Simmo, I couldn't wait for him to be dropped, but coming back to help the club is a selfless act. Hopefully he can get back but leave him in the goal square.

Good to see Cuzz in the pivot. He is a pure midfielder, so leave him there.

rockstar_tiger said:

Not sure if a bloke earning 250K+ (that's probably understating it considerably) can be credited with a selfless act. Do you think he's doing for the club or the coin? I know what I believe.

rockstar_tiger said:

Beautifully put. Jeez he cops a bagging here, but his place in the team is allowing the younger guys to develop at their own pace.

bowden4president said:
we seem to be getting a lot of 'LEG' injuries. :headscratch

well, since martin and cotchin both missed last week due to 'LEG INJURY' and are both back this week, i'd say foley should be fine.

Baloo said:
It's pretty bad if Simmonds goes down and neither Angus or Browne get a call up. Are they really that bad that neither deserve to even have a sniff ?

Yep!

Cant see Polak, Astbury, Reiwoldt, Rance all playing in the forward line surely? What's the go with Morton? Why the lack of love?

rockstar_tiger said:

Doing the club a favour? So the club must be doing him a favour by topping up his bank account every month too.

Yeah he is past his best, I really struggle to remember any of his best games.

Total Tiger said:
Beautifully put. Jeez he cops a bagging here, but his place in the team is allowing the younger guys to develop at their own pace.

Unfortunately its at a snails pace Total Tiger.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Doing the club a favour? So the club must be doing him a favour by topping up his bank account every month too.

Yeah he is past his best, I really struggle to remember any of his best games.

Yep, that is all that they are doing cause he brings nothing to the club out on the ground.

rockstar_tiger said:

great post.