Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Closing in on the magical 50 games and now becoming more consistent. Rhyan is now starting to believe he belongs.

Reactions: 14 users
So he kicked 10 out of 12 games so far this year but you think he can kick more than 10 over the next 8 games?

Looking a pretty good assessment so far. This comment from Scoop was on the 17th June.

Since then we've played 4 games and Mansell has kicked 7 goals. Reckon getting to that 10 in 8 will be a doozie. 3 in the next 4 to hit that trigger.

Reactions: 1 user
Jason Castagna kicked a few that didn't lack polish either but you would never call him a classy player.

Said for a while that Melee is possibly the best set shot at the club. He is clinical inside 50m.

Love to see him add 3-4 kgs to his frame. He'd be a wrecking ball.

Reactions: 6 users
Looking a pretty good assessment so far. This comment from Scoop was on the 17th June.

Since then we've played 4 games and Mansell has kicked 7 goals. Reckon getting to that 10 in 8 will be a doozie. 3 in the next 4 to hit that trigger.
There's actually 5 games left.....

Have had my doubts, but good on him for making the most of his ability. Kudos.

Pity we don't have more players that do.

Reactions: 1 users
I love what Mansell brings. Not elegant, just hard work and it's effective. Kicking goals and applies pressure. We don't have many like him at the moment

Reactions: 13 users
I've never understood the angst with him by many on PRE. He does his job most weeks and is improving in key areas like kicking goals.

Reactions: 11 users
Said for a while that Melee is possibly the best set shot at the club. He is clinical inside 50m.

Would be useful pinch hitting in the centre. I reckon he's got that chaos to make things happen or hurt an opposition physically.

Not his biggest fan but thought Rhyan had a great game for three quarters but dropped off in the last quarter. However, he was not alone in that respect. Loved his harrying and hardness that gave us a chance throughout the game. Some of our more experienced players need to do the same
I think the ball only entered the forward 50 in the last 7 times so it lessened the opportunities somewhat for the forwards.

Reactions: 2 users
I've never understood the angst with him by many on PRE. He does his job most weeks and is improving in key areas like kicking goals.

Many posters on PRE wanted their favourite son Cumbo to be better than Mansell and begrudged the latter for getting games above the former.

I think you win this one. Has now kicked 8 in the last 5. Would be a good effort but 7 or 8 in the final 5 is not out of the realms of possibility. That would be 24 for the season in a rubbish team with lots of personnel changes through the season.

I cannot believe how tough he is. Routinely uses his body (like chimp used to) as a missile yet never shows any pain. He hits contests ballistically. I reckon there's a lot of backman that would be aware of him already.

Reactions: 8 users
I cannot believe how tough he is. Routinely uses his body (like chimp used to) as a missile yet never shows any pain. He hits contests ballistically. I reckon there's a lot of backman that would be aware of him already.
I remember somebody posting that he is from a famously tough Tassie football family around the time we signed him up. Proven to be a very accurate call.

Reactions: 4 users
I remember somebody posting that he is from a famously tough Tassie football family around the time we signed him up. Proven to be a very accurate call.
Dunno about tough "footy" family. Definitely a strong family with some pretty hard-nosed individuals. I don't reckon growing up indigenous in Launceston would have been a piece of cake.
I'm loving what he brings week on week.

On afl.com Coaches votes Ryan never got a vote. Dan Rioli got a mention the rest all Porters with Charlie Dicko top dog. Gee you have read some crap on afl.com

He actually has good clean skills. Always has. What he doesn't do quite enough of is get the ball. Hopefully his recent form is a sign of things to come.