Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

I cannot believe how tough he is. Routinely uses his body (like chimp used to) as a missile yet never shows any pain. He hits contests ballistically. I reckon there's a lot of backman that would be aware of him already.
Aliir Aliir backed away from him pretty quickly early on Saturday night.

Reactions: 1 user
A bit quieter today but still cracked in hard as he always does without getting on the end of many disposals.

Noticed some of his detractors on the game day thread potting him since it was the first time they could do so legitimately after an 8 week stretch of solid football.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
MR Invisible! Zero score, zero tackles. Some games he shows a bit and other times he's Houdini.

Reactions: 1 users
A bit quieter today but still cracked in hard as he always does without getting on the end of many disposals.

Noticed some of his detractors on the game day thread potting him since it was the first time they could do so legitimately after an 8 week stretch of solid football.

I was at the game so don't know about the potting but 8-week stretch come on BT that's a bit of a stretch ;) I think he's been ok last month and had his best game last week V Port with 3 goals.

It was inevitable once he had a poorer game, he has a lot of haters. Has been really good for at least the previous 6 games. He's playing one of the toughest positions to be consistent yet he is our 2nd highest goal scorer for the season, sadly that's only 17 goals.

Reactions: 5 users
It was inevitable once he had a poorer game, he has a lot of haters. Has been really good for at least the previous 6 games. He's playing one of the toughest positions to be consistent yet he is our 2nd highest goal scorer for the season, sadly that's only 17 goals.

We miss Rioli Junior, more so his frenetic pressure. Even in Mansells 3 goals last week, he had only 12 pressure acts and today 13

Mansell he's a trier I'll give him that but he doesn't have good running patterns for a small forward and doesn't possess any real forward craft.

At one time we had an influx of small classy forwards, Dan Rioli 2017, Butler, Higgins, Stengle

Green looks likely and has much upside.

Reactions: 3 users
I was at the game so don't know about the potting but 8-week stretch come on BT that's a bit of a stretch ;) I think he's been ok last month and had his best game last week V Port with 3 goals.

I think he's had a very good season. I think there is room for improvement but 17 goals for a small forward is a solid return for a small forward.

Reactions: 3 users
I think he's had a very good season. I think there is room for improvement but 17 goals for a small forward is a solid return for a small forward.

Fair enough, but I dont think Mansell has that much improvement in him he isn't a natural forward it doesn't come easy for him.
Bobbie Hill, and Jamie Elliott they ooze forward craft. Shai Bolton does too but he's also playing midfield.

Guess we need to look at a few more classy small forwards. Not like they grow on trees ;)
Hawks have added Watson the wizard but pretty sure he was a pick 5 and ginnivan has been good for them.

Reactions: 2 users
We miss Rioli Junior, more so his frenetic pressure. Even in Mansells 3 goals last week, he had only 12 pressure acts and today 13

Mansell he's a trier I'll give him that but he doesn't have good running patterns for a small forward and doesn't possess any real forward craft.

At one time we had an influx of small classy forwards, Dan Rioli 2017, Butler, Higgins, Stengle

Well Rioli Junior will have to improve on his VFL effort today. Atm all we have in that forward line is triers. I agree Green looks like a far more natural forward than either MRJ or Mansell. And he topped pressure acts with 25. Campbell not far behind with 21. Graham is by far our best pressure act player imo.

Well Rioli Junior will have to improve on his VFL effort today. Atm all we have in that forward line is triers. I agree Green looks like a far more natural forward than either MRJ or Mansell. And he topped pressure acts with 25. Campbell not far behind with 21. Graham is by far our best pressure act player imo.

Got to cut Junior some slack first game back in 2 months. Just happy he got through the game. We all know when he's match fit he's chasing and harassing no stop.

Got to cut Junior some slack first game back in 2 months. Just happy he got through the game. We all know when he's match fit he's chasing and harassing no stop.
Sure, I'm just saying on a 3 or 4 disposal game he's not going to be rushed back in. Pickett wasn't much better. We had 8 AFL listed players in the VFL today, the most in a long time and lost to the bottom team that hasn' t won a game in months. Very disappointing.

Sure, I'm just saying on a 3 or 4 disposal game he's not going to be rushed back in. Pickett wasn't much better. We had 8 AFL listed players in the VFL today, the most in a long time and lost to the bottom team that hasn' t won a game in months. Very disappointing.

The Pies lost last week to the Blues who are 19th by 88 points. Today the boys should've won let a golden opportunity slip, disappointing loss.

Not a good game today with only 8 disposals and was largely anonymous. A big difference in Rhyan's game from last week. No player can afford to have such variances in his game if he wants a future at the highest level

4 disposals for MRJ today? Think not. Becoming a big boy.

not talking about Lynch here.MRJ needs to upscale bigtime IMO

Well, I am hence why I gave you a comparison from a long layoff. You can't expect to dominate. Junior was showing very good signs before his injury