Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

If he is playing seniors we will be no good. Today was a classic example after a great game last week. Where was his pressure? He left it in Adelaide! When you have low footy IQ and below average skills you need to be great at everything else. He was poor with pressure and effort today.

Reactions: 1 users
Mansell is not a small forward as people want to believe. Has no goal sense, burst speed, leap/ athleticism, unpredictability or cleverness. He’s a lockdown tagger and nothing more. Will have a few nice moments and I’m sure if most small afl footballers all sat in the Forward line for a season they would have similar results. Another list clogger reinforcing where we are as a football team.

Mansell is not a small forward as people want to believe. Has no goal sense, burst speed, leap/ athleticism, unpredictability or cleverness. He’s a lockdown tagger and nothing more. Will have a few nice moments and I’m sure if most small afl footballers all sat in the Forward line for a season they would have similar results. Another list clogger reinforcing where we are as a football team.
You are right. 💯. Look around the league and see what a small, dangerous forward looks like. Mansell is another player that sides have to do no homework on.

Reactions: 1 user
You are right. 💯. Look around the league and see what a small, dangerous forward looks like. Mansell is another player that sides have to do no homework on.
It’s so obvious, but it’s just the state of our list that this guy gets another two years. He as I said earlier is just no more gaps until we can upgrade him. He still should be played as a tagger, but again our budget direct FD can’t see it.

Not a good game today with only 8 disposals and was largely anonymous. A big difference in Rhyan's game from last week. No player can afford to have such variances in his game if he wants a future at the highest level
Bobby Hill has had 5 games this year with 10 or less disposals and no goals. Yesterday was Mansells 2nd- his 1st he was sub- (but played a fair chunk of the game.)

Not much between them:

Reactions: 3 users
It’s so obvious, but it’s just the state of our list that this guy gets another two years. He as I said earlier is just no more gaps until we can upgrade him. He still should be played as a tagger, but again our budget direct FD can’t see it.
Would have loved to have seen him make N Daicos his target all day Saturday - Nick would be glad it didn't happen. Do what your opposition would least want! Nick would have had 24 not 42

Bobby Hill has had 5 games this year with 10 or less disposals and no goals. Yesterday was Mansells 2nd- his 1st he was sub- (but played a fair chunk of the game.)

Not much between them:
Bobby Hill won a flag off his own boot. Bobby Hill can kick goal of the year and take mark of the year in the same game. Mansell is as dangerous as the Bombers post July

I thought Mansell's 1st 3 quarters were close to the best of his career. No goals, but he rely got up the ground and got involved. DVD did if his ball use was 1st class.
He, like about 20 others, disappeared in the last, but I liked his game and hopefully we see more of him up the ground.

Most pressure acts with 28. Next highest was 17. Definitely can't fault his effort.

In our bests again. 20 goals for the season. Only Shai (33) has more.
Yep, another good game from Mansell. He has kicked goals consistently this year. His next step is to lift his disposal numbers from 10-12 to 15-17.
He will enter 2025 as our no1 foward so pressure will be on him.

Reminds me a bit of Barry Young when he was a Tiger in the #53, or somehwat similar to Tim Powell but he had speed.

Reminds me a bit of Barry Young when he was a Tiger in the #53, or somehwat similar to Tim Powell but he had speed.
He isn't a true small foward but he plays the right way.
Kills to tackle and can kick a goal.
All he needs to do is go from 6-8 possessions to 12-16 possessions every week.
I bagged him at the start. I take it back.
He busts a gut every week.
Not like can't go to fast Prestia and I'm not tackling Tarranto.

He isn't a true small foward but he plays the right way.
Kills to tackle and can kick a goal.
All he needs to do is go from 6-8 possessions to 12-16 possessions every week.
I bagged him at the start. I take it back.
He busts a gut every week.
Not like can't go to fast Prestia and I'm not tackling Tarranto.
nicely said and verified. Nigel and Hugo have done well and improved. One game I saw from Bauer, suggests he will make it too. But we need still more hardness and quick hands in the centre.