R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

RemoteTiger said:
If we play like we did in the first three quarters against The Giants, Carlton will towel us up .Their last 5 games have produced tough inside football with a few good passages of play sprinkled with clangers.

They will be all playing for their football lives/contracts and would love to take down an arch enemy like Richmond. Their rucks will give them first use of the ball and I can see them winning the centre clearances. Add the fact that it would help Barkers chances to be the coach next year and we have a recipe for a potential Tiger disaster.

Make no mistake we have been winning ugly (another way of saying we are not playing well).

I always dread playing this mob - hope we win.

Also dread these games against the hated foe. Always hope to win, but after what I saw last Saturday, we will need to pull the finger out and start playing some good footy. Otherwise they will beat us, and that will make for a very unhappy Graystar.

Unfortunately, can't make the game this week, so Fox it is.

Don't think we had much choice really. Having a combo of Ty and Liam as our rucks leaves us thin and possibly exposed. Hampson and Ty can share the ruck, with Hampson resting on the bench (not up forward). Liam should also come in to keep our structure, not sure if Lennon or Lloyd will get a run to replace Lambert.

Like to see Lambert stay, we need as many in and under players to give Miles and Cotch some relief. At this stage is not a 20+ possession player, just needs lock the ball in when needed, the 1%'s and when opportunity presents hit the score board. Hopefully a little better than that miss almost directly in front in the last Q

RemoteTiger said:
If we play like we did in the first three quarters against The Giants, Carlton will towel us up .Their last 5 games have produced tough inside football with a few good passages of play sprinkled with clangers.

They will be all playing for their football lives/contracts and would love to take down an arch enemy like Richmond. Their rucks will give them first use of the ball and I can see them winning the centre clearances. Add the fact that it would help Barkers chances to be the coach next year and we have a recipe for a potential Tiger disaster.

Make no mistake we have been winning ugly (another way of saying we are not playing well).

I always dread playing this mob - hope we win.

Have we won even won 4 quarters this year?
Aside from the swans game we haven't won a third quarter as far as I know

DirtyDogTiger said:
Tonight's team selection will be interesting.
Anyone know what tomorrow nights weather looks like?
Just had a look at the forecast showers in the arvo 1- 5 mil
Only 15% chance of rain around game time .

DirtyDogTiger said:
Tonight's team selection will be interesting.
Anyone know what tomorrow nights weather looks like?

If the hampster is in i hope theres no gale blowing

Baloo said:
If the hampster is in i hope theres no gale blowing
If the Hampster has a blinder tomorrow night - batten down the hatches. There will be a gale blowing all night long and into the morning.

Hardwick press conference; says, Hampson has earnt his spot wtf? correct me if im wrong but he hasn't played for about a month....We all know hampson is good for tap-outs but match fitness surely would be underdone, kruezer will run him ragged around the ground....Would rather Vickery in the ruck with Mcbean and Jack in the fwd line with the mids/smalls in support....

He did mention Mcbean or Astbury for a possible 2nd tall in but also said not sure whether we go tall or short.....Hoping we go small in McDonough need more class around the ball and in the fwd line...

Smoking Aces said:
If the Hampster has a blinder tomorrow night - batten down the hatches. There will be a gale blowing all night long and into the morning.

They have a kid now, so no chance of that.

I dont see the big deal..maric needs a rest and has been providing not that much around the ground this season. HAMPSON for all his faults is actually a decent tap ruckman and will school cam wood. I wouldn't be surprised if the bring in a small for Griffiths. McDonough or Lennon perhaps.

It still all about Ty.

Perhaps if Griff were OK, Hardwick might be tempted to use Ty and Ben in the ruck.

But with Maric out, Hardwick sees Ty as our best second forward and is hestitant to move him into the ruck.

The flow on in picking Hampson is that we become much worse at ground level so Hardwick will probably play another small/mid.

On form you'd say Madonna but he is in the naughty corner with Beanie so I'd say Lennon.

So in Hammer, Lennon

Out Maric Griff

Out in about 3 months Madonna and Beanie to greener pastures.

McBean must come in this week. We've lost two talls, and he kicked four playing out of the ruck. It's primed. Just do it. And keep him in until Griffiths is fit, then reassess. He needs a run of games, not sporadic 3 quarter cameos.

Just do it.

I think it'll be:

Out Maric, Griff, Lambert
In:
Hammer, Astbury, Madonna

Changed my mind

Out: Maric, Griff
In Hammer, Astbury/Madonna - (Astbury if dry, Madonna if wet.)