R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

This is exactly the reason we have Thomas on our list cold wet Friday night game against the scum bring him in and let him ride shotgun for cotch .

Carter said:
dunno Brissy, I think we're running an intercept style at the mo anyway.

Maric has been gettin' beaten in the ruck and we've hoovered off the back of the square.

Vickery as #1 won't matter too much on Friday night I would've thought.

As long as we harass their first possession we'll be peaches.

Don't disagree with that. My bigger concern is pulling out 2 contested mark targets from the fwd line in Vickery and Griffiths and just replacing them with McBean who is not going to give as good a contest.

Bunnerz said:
have no problems seeing Thomas playing this week

Yeah he has been consistent in the VFL but our structure has weakened with Maric & Griffiths out, two talls.

If we don't win the ruck contests we need to be very strong around the clearances........and Thomas is just the guy to SMASH EM into the ground.

Can Thomas come in as an injury replacement, instead of a full year upgrade?

Tigers of Old said:
With the forced changes, we're weaker this week no doubt.

Our structure is vulnerable. We'll miss Ivan's leadership, contests, and going back to take game saving marks. Griffiths was crucial last time we beat them, took some strong marks and chipped in with 3 goals. We'll miss them both.

If it's a wet night hampster definitely in
There will be a lot of stoppage in game

if west coast can be pushing for the top 4 without their two key backs we should be able to comfortably beat the blues
no excuses

I don't see the ruck issue this week as being as big a problem as some on here. Sheesh we got absolutely thrashed in the ruck against Sandilands and Freo have got a much better onball group then Carlscum and we still managed to beat them - on their own turf as well. We need to be smart around the ball and kick straight for goal when the opportunities arise.

Bill Haverchuck said:
if west coast can be pushing for the top 4 without their two key backs we should be able to comfortably beat the blues
no excuses

Its not an excuse. Its a possibility that we may lose.

when we no longer(or rarely) lose games to clubs outside the 8, we can start to be confident we are taking another step towards being a top 4 side. Until then it is an expectation that we will comfortably beat the bottom sides.

See Games agin the dees, cats n doggies as examples. Maybe even norff. Every year there are teams that fill the lower end of the top 8 that drop games to sides at the lower end of the ladder.

For what its worth. I think we will win.

This is our

b9-robot-2-warning.jpg

***** DANGER Game hope we come out to play and dont take Carlscum lightly :nailbiting :nailbiting

Have to win this one. Keep the space between us - geel/nth/port

No Hail Mary 65m Brock McLean win with the last kick, no Judd brilliance to get them over the line, no Betts to carve us up.

To to mature and put this team to the sword!!!! Expecting a BIG smile at 1/4 time and for the rest of Friday nights game

Tiger Pops said:
Have to win this one. Keep the space between us - geel/nth/port

No Hail Mary 65m Brock McLean win with the last kick, no Judd brilliance to get them over the line, no Betts to carve us up.

To to mature and put this team to the sword!!!! Expecting a BIG smile at 1/4 time and for the rest of Friday nights game
And no Nick Duigan to arse 3 goals. This just leaves ......Levi Casboult to pull one out of the bag!

If we play like we did in the first three quarters against The Giants, Carlton will towel us up .Their last 5 games have produced tough inside football with a few good passages of play sprinkled with clangers.

They will be all playing for their football lives/contracts and would love to take down an arch enemy like Richmond. Their rucks will give them first use of the ball and I can see them winning the centre clearances. Add the fact that it would help Barkers chances to be the coach next year and we have a recipe for a potential Tiger disaster.

Make no mistake we have been winning ugly (another way of saying we are not playing well).

I always dread playing this mob - hope we win.

Tommy H said:
I don't see the ruck issue this week as being as big a problem as some on here. Sheesh we got absolutely thrashed in the ruck against Sandilands and Freo have got a much better onball group then Carlscum and we still managed to beat them - on their own turf as well. We need to be smart around the ball and kick straight for goal when the opportunities arise.
Hardwick agrees. He doesn't see winning the hit out as vital, it's what we do with the first possession after it that counts.