R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

Depends on the weather for me.

Obvious outs are Maric and Griff, it'll either be Hampson plus McBean or one of them and 1 of Morris, McDonough or Lloyd to come in for the other one and we go a bit smaller.

Jeepers, Hamster in against a Carlton with renewed confidence. We wouldnt want to take this one lightly.

Can we just bring in McBean, Astbury and McDonough for Maric, Griff and Lambert?

Hampson, Schmampson.

Lambert will stay.

McBean for sure.
Hammer at a stretch but hasn't played for 4 weeks.
Elton maybe but only 1 game back after injury
Astbury maybe but also back from injury

Out: Maric, Griffiths & maybe Newman
In: McBean, Astbury & McDonough

Vickery to ruck with relief from McBean. Astbury to be swingman. Takes Casboult if he gets on top of Chaplin
McDonough for Newman because he is better

If I read the VFL wrap up, don't be surprised to see a cameo appearance (post elevation) from Thomas, a contested ball animal, might me what we need to help Cotch and Miles in the wet, at best (if its not raining) it will be a slippery pill. Yes he is slow, and does not have an AFL standard kick but he can find, extract the ball and I think we have been a little light in this area all year with Conca and Foley playing zero games.

I do want McB to play, but I dont think Friday night is his stage for him to shine. I see Lloyd also played a half on Sunday so thinking they are going for a smaller forward line Friday night.

Out: Maric Griff
In: Hampson Lloyed

Possibly swap Gordon and McIntosh as subs.

It wasn't that long ago we were validating 3 talls so I don't see why we can't just go back to 2 talls for this game.

Jack and McJesus at home and Vickery in the ruck. Bring in Madonna and lets see what he's got!

if Griff was fit i would put TV in the ruck and bring McBean in.
but he's not.

TV has probably never rucked more than 50% of a game, so to rely on him to ruck close to 90% with only McBean as back up would be a big risk IMO.

so:
out: Griff, Maric
in: McBean, Hampson (assuming he is fit)

i would like to see McD in but cant see it at this stage.

Dimma mentioned Ivan being out on the Dissections, but he seemed very confident that we could cover his absence, almost dismissive really.

I see no match up for Casboult if he plays from the square.

Their midfield has been playing well and the fact we may have a recognised ruck could cause us some problems Friday night as it may be wet. Forecasts change every day. They are a tackling team under Barker so it will be interesting if they elevate and being in Thomas and an unfit/match hardened Hampson.

The loss of Griff would mean that Deleido parks himself forward all night as the roaming option and Jack from the square ?

Hampson comes in and shares the ruck duties, and Vickery around the ground which he is better?

If we want another tall Mcbean to replace Griff and ruck in the F50?

Thomas maybe an in for Lambert? May need his grunt. Has to instructed to hand ball to a player running past for the give. No kicking?

Newman to play a nullifying role on Garlwtt. He may hurt him the other way if Gartlett wants to chase kicks and Newman may snag a few?

So on thinking about it the past few days my thoughts have slightly changed.

In- Hampson, Mcbean, Thomas

Out- Griff(inj) , Maric (suspended) and unfortunately Lambert.

Big chance in this 2-3 block for Mcbean.

waiting said:

Their midfield has been playing well and the fact we may have a recognised ruck could cause us some problems Friday night as it may be wet. Forecasts change every day. They are a tackling team under Barker so it will be interesting if they elevate and being in Thomas and an unfit/match hardened Hampson.

The loss of Griff would mean that Deleido parks himself forward all night as the roaming option and Jack from the square ?

Hampson comes in and shares the ruck duties, and Vickery around the ground which he is better?

If we want another tall Mcbean to replace Griff and ruck in the F50?

Thomas maybe an in for Lambert? May need his grunt. Has to instructed to hand ball to a player running past for the give. No kicking?

Newman to play a nullifying role on Garlwtt. He may hurt him the other way if Gartlett wants to chase kicks and Newman may snag a few?

So on thinking about it the past few days my thoughts have slightly changed.

In- Hampson, Mcbean, Thomas

Out- Griff(inj) , Maric (suspended) and unfortunately Lambert.

Big chance in this 2-3 block for Mcbean.

Yep, agree Waitin'.

waiting said:

At the risk of sounding cocky, I thought Carlton looked horrible last weekend. Yarran jogged between contests in the same vein as Tambling used to and their most effective forward appeared to be Armfield. If Rance can handle Cloke, he should be ok with Casboult. In fact, he should have a ball.

lukeanddad said:
At the risk of sounding cocky, I thought Carlton looked horrible last weekend. Yarran jogged between contests in the same vein as Tambling used to and their most effective forward appeared to be Armfield. If Rance can handle Cloke, he should be ok with Casboult. In fact, he should have a ball.
Yes, no disrespect to Casboult, but he's no Franklin or Cloke and Rance has beaten both them, he also held Cameron to 2 last week, and he's no slouch. The forecast is for a cloudy night, but bot much chance of rain, so they may have to go with two talls to replace Ivan and Griff, and at this stage that's looking like McBean and Hampson. Reports on the site that must not be named even say that Hampson was kept out of the VFL match so that he could provide big man coverage this week.

Tiller said:
Out: Maric, Griffiths & maybe Newman
In: McBean, Astbury & McDonough

Vickery to ruck with relief from McBean. Astbury to be swingman. Takes Casboult if he gets on top of Chaplin
McDonough for Newman because he is better

Good work at the selection desk. Got to have at least two tall targets up forward - no matter the weather. And I like Astbury as a forward too - and he could swing with Chappie if needed. If it is wet McDonough's lack of pace will not hurt us - but he'll still be more creative than Newy.

Tiger Pops said:
One Plus, no more Judd to deal with. Always gets a stack of possessions against Richmond!
Yes, a definite plus, but they have a tendency to get some no name have a day out against us.

More I think about it more I think Hampson has to play. Vickery is unlikely to run out a full game in the ruck and McBean has hardly played that role let alone be a focal contested option up forward. Problem is I just don't trust Hampson at AFL level, let alone the fact that he hasn't played the level for 12 months, hasn't played at any level in 3 or 4 weeks and is coming back from a dodgy knee.

BrisTiger24 said:
More I think about it more I think Hampson has to play. Vickery is unlikely to run out a full game in the ruck and McBean has hardly played that role let alone be a focal contested option up forward. Problem is I just don't trust Hampson at AFL level, let alone the fact that he hasn't played the level for 12 months, hasn't played at any level in 3 or 4 weeks and is coming back from a dodgy knee.

dunno Brissy, I think we're running an intercept style at the mo anyway.

Maric has been gettin' beaten in the ruck and we've hoovered off the back of the square.

Vickery as #1 won't matter too much on Friday night I would've thought.

As long as we harass their first possession we'll be peaches.