Prime Minister Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prime Minister Poll

Would you like this man to be our next Prime Minister?

• No

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • A cheese sandwich would be a better option

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
rosy23 said:
You keep bringing Gillard into it when Abbott is criticised. How about actually putting up regular gaffes from her for discussion rather than repeatedly accusing others of not discussing her?

How about "There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead"

Oh...sorry, thats a lie...not a gaffe...my mistake :)

Carry on with an opposition leader's grammar instead...

rosy23 said:
You keep bringing Gillard into it when Abbott is criticised. How about actually putting up regular gaffes from her for discussion rather than repeatedly accusing others of not discussing her?

here we go again.

the point this time is the one sided ness of people on here.

U2Tigers said:
have you seen this thread.
If it was Julia, no one would have even posted this.
In the media, it may have made page 30 or something. On here, wouldn't have been mentioned.
look at the rest of this Anti Abbot thread, I reckon I would get the money here.

Spot on U2...spot on...you'd get the box of chocolates here, no doubt.

Liverpool said:
Depends if you class someone from the country who moves to the city, as still "country" or not?

No it doesn't. There is a clear definition for rural and urban. The issue is the inference that one is authentic and the other isn't. When does an Aboriginal lose their status as "an authentic representative of the ancient cultures of central Australia" if they live in a city?

In regards to the topic.

I do agree there is a difference between indigenous people who have lived all there lives in the city, to the indigenous people from rual/country/remote/bush areas.

Obviously Abbott thinks there is as well, and I am sure there are a lot of other people who do.

Like I said how precious of a society have we become.

I find no offence at what Abbott said myself, he said in 2 or so words, something it would have taken a lot more words, to keep everyone happy.

U2Tigers said:
here we go again.

You and Livers aren't one-sided?

How about you balance it up by quoting all Gillard's gaffes as Rosy suggested. I guess it's ok if you just keep referencing the carbon scheme - at least it'll demonstrate the lack of available material.

U2Tigers said:
here we go again.

Didn't see anyone post any articles about the $5000 that got deposited into Gillard's account when she was hovering around with her union buddies.

But then again...thats the PM...she can do what she wants...lie, get under the table deals...anything goes, no questions asked on here from the ALP lovers.

If you are the opposition leader and not even in power....watch out :cutelaugh

Azza said:
How about you balance it up by quoting all Gillard's gaffes as Rosy suggested. I guess it's ok if you just keep referencing the carbon scheme - at least it'll demonstrate the lack of available material.

Liverpool said:
How about "There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead"

Oh...sorry, thats a lie...not a gaffe...my mistake :)

Carry on with an opposition leader's grammar instead...

Rosy? Azza??? hello??? :hihi

U2Tigers said:
In the media, it may have made page 30 or something. On here, wouldn't have been mentioned.

you dont think Abbott gets a fair go from the media in this country? you dont think they are happy to get stuck into Gillard if the opportunity arises? different topic but i can never understand how people can possibly believe the press here is on the 'left'.

Liverpool said:
Thats right...

...."an authentic representative of the ancient cultures of central Australia"

and the issue is?

He's talking about the ancient culture from central Australia....whereas the other candidate is an "urban Aboriginal", from a city, and therefore has a different agenda to suit the constituents he is representing.

Would this be the same ancient culture, languages and tradition that recently you were saying indigenous people should abandon?

U2Tigers said:
here we go again.

You voiced your opinion that we wouldn't discuss it if Julia had made the comment. Fact is she didn't make the comment. You were invited to post her gaffes for discussion. Your response indicates she's not an habitual gaffer like Tony is. No substance to your claim. Hard not to be one sided when one person regularly provides the ammo.

I reckon the Libs will dump Tony if he keeps causing such controversy. Might end up with only you and Livers backing him. It would be embarrassing for our leader to continually back-pedal and try and talk his way out of a situation where he speaks without thinking. His support is waning.

Liverpool said:
Didn't see anyone post any articles about the $5000 that got deposited into Gillard's account when she was hovering around with her union buddies.

But then again...thats the PM...she can do what she wants...lie, get under the table deals...anything goes, no questions asked on here from the ALP lovers.

If you are the opposition leader and not even in power....watch out :cutelaugh

what articles, the press would never have a go at Gillard, surely?

Liverpool said:
Funny thing is, even on this thread where the vocal majority like to post their anti-Abbott drivel and 'Hail Gillard' themed rhetoric, more people still want Abbott to be PM than not ;D

unless people have been voting now, 25 people said yes, 23 said no and 6 would prefer a cheese sandwich to be PM. i think the cheese sanga mob could be put with the no's. so actually the majority here do not want Abbott as PM.

antman said:
Would this be the same ancient culture, languages and tradition that recently you were saying indigenous people should abandon?

I never said abandon at all and you know it.

I said that English should be the number-1 focus for Aboriginal kids when they go to school and that the curriculum at schools in the outback should mirror as much as possible all the other schools around the state, to try and put them in good stead when moving onto further education or full-time employment.

Azza said:
You and Livers aren't one-sided?

I am 1 sided as I am a coalition voter, however I have also criticised Abbott on a few of his gaffes, quite a few times.

I actually don't disagree at all with him this time at all.

As I have already stated, IMO there is a huge difference between city/urban indigenous people to county/urban/bush/outback indigenous people. This goes for way of life and tradition that are still maintained.

rosy23 said:
You voiced your opinion that we wouldn't discuss it if Julia had made the comment. Fact is she didn't make the comment. You were invited to post her gaffes for discussion. Your response indicates she's not an habitual gaffer like Tony is. No substance to your claim. Hard not to be one sided when one person regularly provides the ammo.

Who cares about some petty "gaffe" that an opposition leader makes when YOUR Prime Minister lies to the Australian people on national TV and pockets $5000 into her account through dodgy and corrupt union deals with ex-boyfriends?

No comment from you on these much more important issues regarding a PM's character but instead we are again discussing grammar lessons and deciphering wording.

I expect the "I don't know anything about this" or "I have no opinion on the matter until I read more" or another inane line to try and defend the indefensible.

Is this the behaviour you expect from a PM???

Liverpool said:
Who cares about some petty "gaffe" that an opposition leader makes when YOUR Prime Minister lies to the Australian people on national TV and pockets $5000 into her account through dodgy and corrupt union deals with ex-boyfriends?

No comment from you on these much more important issues regarding a PM's character but instead we are again discussing grammar lessons and deciphering wording.

I expect the "I don't know anything about this" or "I have no opinion on the matter until I read more" or another inane line to try and defend the indefensible.

Is this the behaviour you expect from a PM???

there you go, it has been open to discussion now.

silence until the next bash Abbott post.

U2Tigers said:
there you go, it has been open to discussion now.

silence until the next bash Abbott post.

Nah, it will be "prove this happened, you can't trust the media" or some other rubbish to twist it around...let the fun begin :cutelaugh

Liverpool said:
Rosy? Azza??? hello??? :hihi

What? You chose to respond to a question asked of your siamese twin. You didn't provide the requested info and neither did he. Not sure why you've drawn attention to that fact. Seems more likely we don't discuss Julia's gaffes because there aren't too many rather than out of one sidedness.