Prime Minister Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prime Minister Poll

Would you like this man to be our next Prime Minister?

• No

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • A cheese sandwich would be a better option

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
MB78 said:
This is an outrage. At the next under 18 football carnival the AFL must group Vic Country and Vic Metro under the same banner as just Victoria otherwise they will be just like Tony Abbott.

Preposterous indeed. It's ridiculous to differentiate between Aboriginals depending on where they live but we all know country footballers are more authentic than their urban counterparts.

Liverpool said:
So we're not allowed to use the term "urban Aboriginal"? :cutelaugh

Its o.k to have phrases like "city slickers" or "country folk" to differentiate people from their origins or where they live, but put the word 'Aboriginal' in there when Abbott is talking about two Aboriginal candidates, and the word 'urban' to differentiate the two Aborigines from each other, and we have a storm in a teacup? ::)

Pathetic.

So with all the angst about aboriginal identity that's part of our national discourse, we have a want-to-be prime minister who tramples through it all like a bull in a china shop.

Leadership material? I think not.

tigergollywog said:
Abbott says the city blacks have no culture, whereas the desert blacks are chockers with culture,

Really...he said that????

I didn't read that...maybe you can get Antman or Rosy to cut/paste that one into the thread as I must have missed it.

Use your brain you say... :cutelaugh

Don't let those facts get in the way of a good anti-Abbott rant will you? 8-

Azza said:
So with all the angst about aboriginal identity that's part of our national discourse, we have a want-to-be prime minister who tramples through it all like a bull in a china shop.

Leadership material? I think not.

Funny thing is, even on this thread where the vocal majority like to post their anti-Abbott drivel and 'Hail Gillard' themed rhetoric, more people still want Abbott to be PM than not ;D

MB78 said:
This is an outrage. At the next under 18 football carnival the AFL must group Vic Country and Vic Metro under the same banner as just Victoria otherwise they will be just like Tony Abbott.

I would just disregard the Country team. they are not 'authentic' footballers.

again it is probably not so much Abbott's intent, more his inability to think before he speaks.

Liverpool said:
Funny thing is, even on this thread where the vocal majority like to post their anti-Abbott drivel and 'Hail Gillard' themed rhetoric, more people still want Abbott to be PM than not ;D

judging by all the other polls in the media, this must be the only place where Abbott is preferred prime minister.

Liverpool said:
Thats right...

...."an authentic representative of the ancient cultures of central Australia"

and the issue is?

He's talking about the ancient culture from central Australia....whereas the other candidate is an "urban Aboriginal", from a city, and therefore has a different agenda to suit the constituents he is representing.

''I think it would be terrific if, as well as having an urban Aboriginal in our Parliament, we had an Aboriginal person from central Australia, an authentic representative of the ancient cultures of central Australia in the Parliament"

Seems like he is wanting a cross-section of Aborigines to represent the different demographics to me, but of course, the ALP voters on here like to twist things around to suit their political agenda :spin

The cities "we" live in are built on the "ancient" grounds of the people we displaced. He isn't necessarily and "urban" aboriginal. The city might well have been built on his "country".

U2Tigers said:
I bet if it was anyone else, even Julia, this topic wouldn't even be talked about.

this thread could be full of stupid things Gillard says, except she does not give the continual ammo Abbott does.

Liverpool said:
Thats right...

...."an authentic representative of the ancient cultures of central Australia"

and the issue is?

He's talking about the ancient culture from central Australia....whereas the other candidate is an "urban Aboriginal", from a city, and therefore has a different agenda to suit the constituents he is representing.

So in your case scenario where Aboriginals are relocated from the outback into small houses in outer suburbia do they lose their authenticity and get redefined as urban?

Brodders17 said:
this thread could be full of stupid things Gillard says, except she does not give the continual ammo Abbott does.

Yeah, we still get to live off the "there will not be a carbon tax under a government I lead" line :hihi

Brodders17 said:
I would just disregard the Country team. they are not 'authentic' footballers.

again it is probably not so much Abbott's intent, more his inability to think before he speaks.

I think that is giving the black hearted monk way too much credit Brodders. I think he would believe that 1. the darker you are, the more indigenous you are (I can hear the cogs (all two of 'em) turnin' livers) 2. the closer you live to 'the outback/bush', the more indigenous you are and 3. It doesnt really matter how indigenous you are anyway, your all black and not worth a catholic priests chastity vows.

U2Tigers said:
I bet if it was anyone else, even Julia, this topic wouldn't even be talked about.

You keep bringing Gillard into it when Abbott is criticised. How about actually putting up regular gaffes from her for discussion rather than repeatedly accusing others of not discussing her?

KnightersRevenge said:
The cities "we" live in are built on the "ancient" grounds of the people we displaced. He isn't necessarily and "urban" aboriginal. The city might well have been built on his "country".

:rofl are you serious here? or just having a wind-up?

Fair play to you, if you are.

Brodders17 said:
judging by all the other polls in the media, this must be the only place where Abbott is preferred prime minister.

In Livers defence, he clearly doesn't understand statistics if he can find a significant result in this poll.

rosy23 said:
So in your case scenario where Aboriginals are relocated from the outback into small houses in outer suburbia do they lose their authenticity and get redefined as urban?

Depends if you class someone from the country who moves to the city, as still "country" or not?

Baloo said:
I bet you're wrong.

have you seen this thread.

If it was Julia, no one would have even posted this.

In the media, it may have made page 30 or something. On here, wouldn't have been mentioned.

look at the rest of this Anti Abbot thread, I reckon I would get the money here.