pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

Ripplestick said:
Griff and Vickery doing alot of around the ground ruckwork with Griff winning many tapouts but Vickery following up better at ground level.

Pleased to see Griff doing well in the hit outs, he has got the size, leap and mobility to make it as a ruckman. I'd like to see him given a go in the Nab Cup.

just watched martin training vid put out by the club ( and i understand they are short clips)

OMFG!!

he is one powerful unit

bring on the season!!

nswtiger said:
just watched martin training vid put out by the club ( and i understand they are short clips)

OMFG!!

he is one powerful unit

bring on the season!!

Yes, with the change to the interchange rule he should spend more time forward, which can only be s good thing.

That's true guys.

Martin spending 60-70% forward will cause absolute nightmare , especially one out for opposition coaches!

Given Dusty's brownlow polling over the last few seasons and the amount of times he was rotated ... think he was first or second for most rotes , he is definately worth a substantial wager for the medal this year.

What do people suspect his increase in game time will actually be ?

se7en said:
Excellent, who are we playing?
The Ressies. Time to put the Beanie on the Tross n see if he has him covered.
Tross just back from extended holidays n the game will be played at somewhere between magoos n seniors pace with out the physical nasties of a real game. Will be disappointed if the Beanie doesn't completely blanket the Tross n kick at least five.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
John Ralph is/was watching the game and tweeting updates if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the tip.
Chol took a hanger and Rioli showing good signs with a hit up lead and a gather off the deck.

Anyone there from PRE?

Was going to go but too early as I got to do the family taxi runs for my son & wife.

Would appreciate any reports.

Thanks

I went down for a look.
Hot morning for footy, seemed like they played about 3/4s with breaks in between.
It was a fiercely contested hit out between the blacks and yellow squads.
The yellow side looked as if it had the more established older players where as the blacks had a younger makeup.
Not that you can take much from it but the end result was 68 to the black side to 50 to the yellows.
Players that really impressed me for the blacks were their midfield in Lloyd, Conca, Miles, B Ellis & Townsend. Broad pretty good on Jack too. Soldo and Chol (who took another impressive mark) both spent time I the ruck as did Vickery, Griff McBean. Beanie also took a contested mark and sobbed it from near 50 which was pleasing.
Townsend kicked 2 tagged Cotchin hard for most of the game. He will play plenty going by today.
Marcon & Lennon showed plenty in the 2nd half. They didn't hold much back. Dusty (yellows) went off with a head knock. Cotchin & Miles had a wrestle and Jack & Kam also got upset with each other towards the end.
Skills were ok. Both teams missed a lot of easy shots on goal.
Any other specifics just ask.