pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

TJsFurrow said:
Chaplin playing forward is interesting. Conca at half-back a bit of a surprise too.

Conca off half back is a recipe for disaster...turnover king with that sloppy foot of his.

Platinum member said:
Were they letting anyone in or did you guys watch through punt Rd fence?

I watched through the fence. They were scouting the perimeter looking for opposition 'scouts' and saying it was a closed session. Having said that there were a few people inside but they may have been pre-invited in.

Tigers of Old said:
Cheers Ripple agree with your post too. Astbury did ok today as well I thought.
Was very interesting to see Chappy playing forward.
Perhaps being gently pried out of defence like Morro was? BTW Morris barely touched it again today.

Not sure what to make of Chappy as a forward. He was actually okay early on but unclear whether it is his new position or if it was just today for structural reasons.
Astbury did get it alot especially with Conca's movement out of defence, mostly uncontested ball movement. Have to admit I didn't take much note of him in 1 on 1's. Interesting to see whether Astbury or Chaplin line up down back in round 1. I can't see it being Elton.

Thanks TOO and Ripp!

Glad I didn't go down there if it was a closed session.

The eyes can't see too well from the fence!!!

Appreciate the reports.

Awesome work ToO and Ripples,

How did my man Lambert go?

Also very encouraging hearing about Lloyds performance. I'm expecting a significant improvement this year.

keepa lids onit said:
great news about Chaplin. Surely this means that astbury is first choice CHB and Chaplin has no place back there for us this year...
Wonder where Elton played??
my take is we know he can play down back so it was just to give some of the others like Broad/Moore a go, also could have been sent there to play on a young fwd & offer advice along the way etc

Baloo said:
How did Whipping Boy Griff handle himself in the Ruck?
He was serviceable today in the ruck. Still didn't impose himself on marking contests around the ground though. In general also noticed alot of 3rd man up in the around the ground ruckwork.

Ditto. Really enjoyed reading all reports and comments. Maybe one of the best outcomes is, although I know only an intraclub hit-out, the younger black squad comfortably beat the more experienced yellow squad.
Might just indicate our youthful recruiting is promising and coming through, putting more pressure on some established players.
Never a bad thing.
Thanks for info.

Im quite excited about Townsend. We definitely need another inside mid. Cotch is getting too bashed up.

TJsFurrow said:
Chaplin playing forward is interesting. Conca at half-back a bit of a surprise too.

Desperate measures.
Conca kicks like donkey and Chaplin is slower then the Galapagos Tortoise

The highlights package on the website looked like a Steve Morris comedy sketch. If he plays even one game this year, something is seriously wrong.

Thanks TOO and Ripps for the feedback.

Even though Yarran wasn't playing did he look in good shape?

I read somewhere that Ivan Soldo was quite impressive against his cuz. There seems to be zero expectations on this kid but could he be an unexpected smokey in years to come ? Not this year but in coming years ?

Smoking Aces said:
Thanks TOO and Ripps for the feedback.

Even though Yarran wasn't playing did he look in good shape?

I only saw Yarran doing sprints (60-70% pace) and kick to kick with Lids. He did look in good physical condition.