pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

Sintiger said:
I read somewhere that Ivan Soldo was quite impressive against his cuz. There seems to be zero expectations on this kid but could he be an unexpected smokey in years to come ? Not this year but in coming years ?

He was okay, took a well judged mark at the top of the square in the first from a centering kick from Chaplin, seemed the only one to read the kick in a flooded forward line. Still a way to go but something to work with.

Sintiger said:
I read somewhere that Ivan Soldo was quite impressive against his cuz. There seems to be zero expectations on this kid but could he be an unexpected smokey in years to come ? Not this year but in coming years ?

If the rate of improvement continues he'll be very special. He has a bigger frame than his cuz but shares the same appetite for the contest.

sausage_meat69 said:
If the rate of improvement continues he'll be very special. He has a bigger frame than his cuz but shares the same appetite for the contest.

did some nice things in the VFL last year, i was very surprised with his kicking & even more so his marking, he took some rippers

on the other side, he is still learning the game & does give away some silly free kicks, sheperding in the ruck contest etc

I believe he has the tools & will make it , albeit a couple of years away

taztiger4 said:
did some nice things in the VFL last year, i was very surprised with his kicking & even more so his marking, he took some rippers

on the other side, he is still learning the game & does give away some silly free kicks, sheperding in the ruck contest etc

I believe he has the tools & will make it , albeit a couple of years away

Good hear that taztiger4, what's his mobility like?

zippadeee said:
Desperate measures.
Conca kicks like donkey and Chaplin is slower then the Galapagos Tortoise

Really hope Reece has worked on his kicking over the pre season.
Chaplin?lets face it,if we are relying on him to hold down a key position in the backline he & we will be found out yet again this season.

Just read that the afl are going to stricter on interpreting imposing on the area around a player taking the mark . Was this how it was done during our intra - club ?
I have no issue with a player deliberately entering the zone being penalised , but think 50m is to harsh a call for a player arriving at speed have to veer off his line which is how it seemed to happen last year .

Kaelan said:
Just read that the afl are going to stricter on interpreting imposing on the area around a player taking the mark . Was this how it was done during our intra - club ?
I have no issue with a player deliberately entering the zone being penalised , but think 50m is to harsh a call for a player arriving at speed have to veer off his line which is how it seemed to happen last year .

There were, at a guess, three 50's paid during the intra club. Two occurred too far away for me to see what they were for.
The one I did see went to Lennon after he went to ground during a marking contest and got a free. Rancey let go a few choice words and copped a 50.

Another time I heard the ump (Ray Chamberlin) instructing Jack to quickly get away 10m from the player taking a free. So I don't know they were too 'hot' on the interpretation.

Another time I heard the ump (Ray Chamberlin) instructing Jack to quickly get away 10m from the player taking a free. So I don't know they were too 'hot' on the interpretation.

Is Razor Ray primed and ready to fire?

Was great to read reports that the Tigers managed to kick seventeen goals during the game, looks to be around the mark of the more successful sides each season.

Oh wait! That was seventeen goals from BOTH sides, maybe we're gunna be mega defensive this year.
Also nice to see the Beanie tore it up with all of one goal, just like lots of other players.
Leysy should be very very happy, pretty sure that Chollie will wind up with a more attractive arse than the Beanie. Might not get a lot of sense out of the Leysy days this season.

Stylo said:
How long do you reckon they played for overall ToO?

Hard to say because whilst the clock was running there was no time off and they were having breaks in between periods but at a guess I'd say almost 3/4s bearing in mind it was very hot.

Tigers of Old said:
They didn't play a full game Maso.
Come on ToOheys, I was hardly being serious, even though a lousy seventeen goals between the two sides over three qtrs is not exactly electrifying footy.

Tigers of Old said:
Hard to say because whilst the clock was running there was no time off and they were having breaks in between periods but at a guess I'd say almost 3/4s bearing in mind it was very hot.

Wasn't it 6 x 15min quarters ToO?