pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

CarnTheTiges said:
Nice wrap up blx. Thanks. Love hearing about Chol, he clearly thinks about the game and works his way around things, combine that with his natural athleticism and we've got something that could be very special. On Cotch and his kicking, he's got a good long kick and it's beyond me why he doesn't use it more often.
His long kick is high and slow
But so is his short kick.

Agree. Thx Blx; really appreciated the detailed analysis and comment. Keep posting more of such quality if and when you can.

One comment: your report bears out my concern about the weight of expectation being placed on Daniel R. So many fans seem to think he is an automatic superstar because of his name alone. This is really unfair and ridiculous.

He should be regarded as just another draftee with a huge challenge ahead to make it at all.

brett-deledio-of-the-tigers-handballs-the-ball-during-a-richmond-afl-picture-id500856070

Looks like Lids has been using his car to do biceps curls.

I got along to training this afternoon, no match simulation, just going through various drills.

The only players I didn't see were Chaplin and Grigg.

The following did little more than run laps - Yarran, Lids, Butler, Hampson & Drummond who was also doing various tests no doubt for his knee. Lids looked like he was just having one of his 'lighter' sessions as he was moving very well.

Not alot to report but got a good look at Moore and Townsend in a number of drills in front of me. Both are tall for mids but are not massive frames and are quite narrow through the waist. Moore was okay but Townsend didn't really impress.

While Conca's body shape looks similar to other years, I noticed at one stage he won a repeat sprint against about a dozen others and was doing some good clearance work teaming up with Shedda in one drill.

Thanks for all the info in your post. Especially good news re Conca. Still think he can prove himself a consistently high quality player with a good run from the injury gods.

Tigertough1974 said:
How did Cellis look? not out of place i hope...?

CEllis wasn't involved in many of the drills in front of me but the good thing is that he participated in 100% of training so he appears to be fully over his foot issues.

Another who I just remembered wasn't there was McKenzie.

Chol just glides across the turf like a gazelle, was training as a forward.

Bacher and Ellis and Short were often leading running drills.

Dusty's kicking was a joy to watch.

Griff and Vickery doing alot of around the ground ruckwork with Griff winning many tapouts but Vickery following up better at ground level.

Rancey looks bigger in the upper body.

Rioli looks like a kid among men but aerobically he was involved in all drills and never looked to be lagging as one might expect of a first year player.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Would rather keep reading reports from blx than the RFC website.
Bring 'em on when you can, blx.
blx for reports, RFC for moving colour pictures, they only show the good bits, no nuffers allowed.

Richmond FC Open Training tonight at Beaconsfield has been cancelled due to forecast bad weather tonight. To be rescheduled, will confirm details as soon as the new date is known

Jonesracing82 said:
Richmond FC Open Training tonight at Beaconsfield has been cancelled due to forecast bad weather tonight. To be rescheduled, will confirm details as soon as the new date is known

Soft.

The weather radar shows the rain might clear soon - did the club pull out too soon? Premature evacuation?

Bullarto Tiger said:
Would rather keep reading reports from blx than the RFC website.
Bring 'em on when you can, blx.

Same here. Tnks Blx and Nipples

TigerForce said:
Did I hear someone say Rabblebourne can make the 8?..... :hihi

Geez, won't be long before it's Carlton and Essendon then as well