Possible fine for Dusty | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Possible fine for Dusty

nqtiger said:
Hear hear, great post and stuff it up the left wing bleeding hearts, Jetta was worse but because he is indigenous somehow it makes it ok in the afl eyes, let's not start on Goodes and his one finger salute to the Richmond cheer squad round 23 last year, double standards, and the afl itself is the racists

Why does every issue need to be broken down into left or right ? I'm confused now. Should I be left or right depending on my views on other social issues, or should my views be dictated by my political leaning ?

I've just worked out what happened. The Collywobbles cheer squad asked Dusty what he would like to drink, his reply was "2 Fingers of Scotch Please"

nudge1969 said:
The people still trying to shoehorn Goodes into everything, give it a rest would ya?It's not so much that it's Goodes, people are trying to compare apples with apples. Goodes war dance was inciting the crowd, it was directed at the Carlscum fans. Dusty and Jack copped heaps of abuse before Dusty gave his MINOR finger salute. This is what we get p****d off with. Jetta gave his war dance then an up-yours to the Eagles crowd. This is also inciting. In my view the AFL and the media are too scared to be labelled racist if they object to the war dance.
Do even understand what Goodes war dance is? I just find your opinion to be ignorance of the highest order, Aboriginal tribes used to travel from all over regionally and would compete in all number of things at these occasions war dances would be performed but never was violence present. The best dance was awarded a prize or honour. My advice to you is to inform yourself about our history, its longer than just 200 years and its uniquely Australian.

Tails said:
Do even understand what Goodes war dance is? I just find your opinion to be ignorance of the highest order, Aboriginal tribes used to travel from all over regionally and would compete in all number of things at these occasions war dances would be performed but never was violence present. The best dance was awarded a prize or honour. My advice to you is to inform yourself about our history, its longer than just 200 years and its uniquely Australian.
Bull. Goodes said himself that the AIS kids had made up the dance. His words. I have not voiced my opinion at all on this issue because I want it to just go away. It has nothing to do with football IMHO. Keep politics and PC crap off the field. Dusty was a naughty boy. Nothing more. Nothing to see here. Move on. PLEASE. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sorry Mole I can't agree with you. Better people don't read the thread or just move on if they're not interested. I like to live by my morals. I can't see any reason some gestures to the crowd are condoned and some are frowned upon. I'd really like to see a difference but I can't. And those who criticise others for questioning it never really answer any questions. In my ideal world the same rules would apply for everyone.

The Mole said:
Bull. Goodes said himself that the AIS kids had made up the dance. His words.

And if you did more than cursory research into the subject you would discover that they based it on other traditional dances.

IanG said:
And if you did more than cursory research into the subject you would discover that they based it on other traditional dances.

So what? Still not traditional and certainly not recognised by all Aboriginals as such.

rosy23 said:
Sorry Mole I can't agree with you. Better people don't read the thread or just move on if they're not interested. I like to live by my morals. I can't see any reason some gestures to the crowd are condoned and some are frowned upon. I'd really like to see a difference but I can't. And those who criticise others for questioning it never really answer any questions. In my ideal world the same rules would apply for everyone.
I absolutely agree with you Rosy. Same rules for all Australians. We are one people, however I detest the PC police (and others) bringing their agendas into sport. What would the old times like Jack Dyer say? Maybe I'm getting too old and cranky? :-[
Maybe i didn't voice that so well in my previous post.

Maybe this will release some tension........or not?
http://www.xyz.net.au/afl-confuses-fans-tribal-gestures-now-not-ok/

The Mole said:
I absolutely agree with you Rosy. Same rules for all Australians. We are one people, however I detest the PC police (and others) bringing their agendas into sport. What would the old times like Jack Dyer say? Maybe I'm getting too old and cranky? :-[
Maybe i didn't voice that so well in my previous post.

No worries Mole. I agree with that.

Just said on 7 news that the AFL looks like suspending Dusty. Hope they'e just trying to hype things up. I'll be furious if they do suspend him after their recent issues..

A suspension for Dusty will result in a world of pain for the AFL. Surely they aren't that stupid.......

IanG said:
Even cursory research would discover that Dusty's gesture has a long tradition in my culture.

Baloo said:
A suspension for Dusty will result in a world of pain for the AFL. Surely they aren't that stupid.......

You're not wrong. How to re inflame the Goodes issue that they were so desperate to bury.

Baloo said:

70,000 plus supports storming AFL house wouldn't look good!

rosy23 said:
So what? Still not traditional and certainly not recognised by all Aboriginals as such.

What is traditional? Every individual everywhere has to recognise something as being traditional before it's traditional? Since when can one group of people tell another what their traditions are and if they are real or not? Crazy pills time again

A tradition is a belief or behavior passed down within a group or society with symbolic meaning or special significance with origins in the past.[1][2] Common examples include holidays or impractical but socially meaningful clothes (like lawyer wigs or military officer spurs), but the idea has also been applied to social norms such as greetings. Traditions can persist and evolve for thousands of years—the word "tradition" itself derives from the Latin tradere or traderer literally meaning to transmit, to hand over, to give for safekeeping. While it is commonly assumed that traditions have ancient history, many traditions have been invented on purpose, whether that be political or cultural, over short periods of time. Certain scholarly fields, such as anthropology and biology, have adapted the term "tradition," defining it more precisely than its conventional use in order to facilitate scholarly discourse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tradition

Using the definition above, the dance being performed by the indigenous sportsmen can now be classified as traditional.

How can they not have made a decision by now? Nothing should be happen but if he is to be slugged $2k then just do it.

rosy23 said:

One action is considered offensive.
One action is considered a celebration of culture.

you may disagree with this, but that is what many/some think is the difference.