Possible fine for Dusty | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Possible fine for Dusty

Tell all the players that next time what they need to do is throw a spear at the opposition supporters and swear at them in Aboriginal.

FFS this competition is so hypocritical and full of politically incorrect morons that it is not funny.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"Our incredible fans underpin almost every element of what makes our game great: The people from all walks of life who...stand with colours worn proudly and cheer on their heroes and interact with the game and its characters.

This is our right as footy fans, no, in actual fact it's our obligation.

Whether it's roaring behind the goals at the 'G, or in front of the TV at a mate's place on Friday night, football is the place where we can forget about the challenges of everyday life and lose ourselves in the passion of it all.

Supporters are the true custodians of the game, and have always ultimately decided what is the right or wrong way to behave, both on the field and off it."

- McLachlan, July 2015

Must harmless interplay between crowd and player be sanctioned while political grandstanding is encouraged?

Over to you, Gil.

unless its racial slurs.

Azza said:
There's a line in the age report stating that Dusty and Jack 'gave as good as they got'. Really?

sending 9 goals sailing over their heads was a pretty good give

blx said:
Talking about moving on...I don't understand why you guys can't get over the Goodes incident. I feel sorry for you all.

Haha @ feeling sorry for everyone. How sweet of you. :-*

Can you tell us why one kind of behaviour is condoned and the other frowned upon. I can't see a logical reason at all.

feisty tige said:
What a joke.

Nothing to see here, unless the media keep bleating on about it.

Makes me cross... :mad:

Makes me smile. Bleat media bleat. Stick it to 'em Dusty, be yourself. Peel off a few bills out of your walkin' around money to pay the fine, all good.

Still makes me smile when how Bob Murphy said Dusty was the only player he's a 'little bit scared of.'

The AFL have dug themselves a deep whole. How can one gesture in response to a crowd be encouraged and another punishable.

Tim Watson said, players have been tolerating abuse from the crowd since the day the game started.

He was saying players need to be tough enough to deal with it.

Is it dependant on who he was talking about as to wether it was racist?

Many a fair minded non-racist raised this point. It was always going to bite the AFL in the backside.

my logic stands. but my intent is clearly racist to the PC crowd.

can't believe its an issue.
the Goodes comparison is fair - surely simulated spear throwing is more aggressive than echoing what the crowd is doing to you? this is a minefield for the AFL, so caught up in 'correctness' their vision is blurred.

The AFL have set a precedent with the Goodes case.

If acting aggressively and making threatening gestures towards the crowd is acceptable for one....then it is acceptable for all!
Anything less is blatant racism.

I think supporters of ALL teams realise that the AFL are a joke when it comes to this issue.

It's ok for one group of players to perform a "Cultural celebration" Which by the way is not really an Indigenous dance at all, but a made up dance which was performed years ago at an under 16s carnival, and as such really has no cultural significance at all.

Where as the 2 finger salute has been in constant use for as long as I can remember Sometimes there are variations in the number of fingers etc.
This imo really does have "Cultural Significance " & therefore should be applauded not frowned on by the stuffed shirts.

I think he deserves to be reprimanded, it is a terrible image. However I would have thought a trip to the headmaster for a stern discussion and reminder of a players responsibilities would be sufficient. Or even a letter to the coach and player would do it.

But a fine is rubbish and in itslef a poor image of immaturity that is the AFL.

Fyfe got a $1000 fine for nearly killing a bloke - earlier this year.
Dusty cops maybe $2000 for saluting a Pie supporter.

I fair dunkum scratch me head. :duh :duh :duh

Those who keep stating the Voices dance is not a 'cultural dance' because it was first performed a couple of years ago show a lack of understanding of Indigenous culture, diversity and story telling methods. This is a sad indictment on Australia IMO.

poppa x said:
Fyfe got a $1000 fine for nearly killing a bloke - earlier this year.
Dusty cops maybe $2000 for saluting a Pie supporter.

I fair dunkum scratch me head. :duh :duh :duh

Has he actually been issued a 'whatsyamacallit' by the AFL that he is guilty and must cough up that money?

Brodders17 said:
Those who keep stating the Voices dance is not a 'cultural dance' because it was first performed a couple of years ago show a lack of understanding of Indigenous culture, diversity and story telling methods. This is a sad indictment on Australia IMO.
N there was me thinking it was just invented to be an Aussie version of the Haka, damn stupid of me. Now I need to figure out how Voices is somehow a dance, anyone care to enlighten me?

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Has he actually been issued a 'whatsyamacallit' by the AFL that he is guilty and must cough up that money?

I wonder if Dusty can use what Goodes did and say it's his war salute towards opposition supporters as a new cultural thingie. The afl should embrace it lol

Many are rightly comparing Martin and Goodes and the AFL's double standard. Let's not forget however Lewis Jetta who not only did his own silly little war dance aimed at opposition supporters but then completed it with a ups yours finger gesture for good measure. No please explains, no fines, no nothing. The hypocracy of the AFL and sections of the media eg Caroline Wilson know no bounds