Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Cant see it. Upgrade required. His very best is fine. His average isn't good enough. 7 years on list means he is a delisting next year unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat. He tries his best but just doesn't have the edge required
His very best is elite. That's the point, you don't get higher than that. Needs to play the Astbury role, rather than the intercepting role.
Can do it. Think he got a 2 yr deal middle of this year too.

Reactions: 5 users
Unfortunately, we’re now in the situation where quite a few players need upgrades. Miller is one of them. Hopefully, some of the upgrades will be on the list when these 2/3 year contract extensions are due to expire.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s been a VERY long year for our backline. Fatigue might be playing a role in the back part of the year. I think it’s the most games he’s played in a single year and it’s been…. Intense?

Reactions: 6 users
Needs to work out how to impact every contest he can get to.

Some improvement this year but of late just not up to the level.

I reckon he can be a good defender, but I have serious doubts he ever will be.

Unless he improves others will overtake him and he will end up being a back up option.

It is all up to Miller now.

DS
Takes his eye off the ball too much for mine, doesn’t back his judgement or commit 💯 to making a massive physical contest - either to mark or to spoil.

Rance was the best in this position naturally - and those elements were his hallmark. To be elite, that’s what Miller has to aspire to. If he can’t, we try someone else.

Reactions: 2 users
Takes his eye off the ball too much for mine, doesn’t back his judgement or commit 💯 to making a massive physical contest - either to mark or to spoil.

Rance was the best in this position naturally - and those elements were his hallmark. To be elite, that’s what Miller has to aspire to. If he can’t, we try someone else.
Always over thinking the situation.
Doesn't want to hurt the opposition.
If he out of position, just gives it to the opposition.
He was lucky on 1 yesterday when he swung his arm and the ball bounced off it.
Otherwise it wouldve been another mark against him.
We can't go into next year with lazy Young and No Pain Miller

Reactions: 1 user
He is not physical enough for his size. He can play because he is pretty quick. He only plays as a 3rd tall. Gibcus solves this problem.

His very best is elite. That's the point, you don't get higher than that. Needs to play the Astbury role, rather than the intercepting role.
Can do it. Think he got a 2 yr deal middle of this year too.
He has never been elite!
A battler at best.

Ratings schmatings. We see with our own eyes. Elite is Weithering, Sam Taylor, Steven May not Brontosaurus Miller
He was great earlier in the season, killing the one on ones, a few kick clangers, but really solid........that turned to absolute 5h1t in the last month or so!

Don't think he is in our best team even if one of Balta, Gibcus, Young, Blight are out!

He was great earlier in the season, killing the one on ones, a few kick clangers, but really solid........that turned to absolute 5h1t in the last month or so!
As another poster has said, when the pill continually rains down on the defence week in week out because we have no mids defending then fatigue will set in. I am no condoning Ben's fall off but merely making a valid reason for it. You could include Balta into that problem as well. People like Broad and Vlastuin are battle hardened and well experienced so are able to cope so much better

Reactions: 8 users
Ratings schmatings. We see with our own eyes. Elite is Weithering, Sam Taylor, Steven May not Brontosaurus Miller
Yeah, no. That's why we have stats. Because in the heat of cheering on our side, we have tinted glasses on. The game day thread each week is in amazing example of that.
The Houli, Grigg, Rance threads are also great examples.
Clubs make decisions on both eyesight and data, because they know one method by itself is prone to error.

Reactions: 4 users
As another poster has said, when the pill continually rains down on the defence week in week out because we have no mids defending then fatigue will set in. I am no condoning Ben's fall off but merely making a valid reason for it. You could include Balta into that problem as well. People like Broad and Vlastuin are battle hardened and well experienced so are able to cope so much better
Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan.