Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Back to being a spud again. Was most likely playing above his level earlier in the year. Never confident when the ball is in his area.

Reactions: 1 users
I think we are making a big mistake if we are not looking at drafting or trading for a key back. A key back who can lock down, intercept and provide attack. Vlausty ain’t getting younger, Balta is Balta, Miller ain’t it, Young prob ain’t it and Gibbo is a wait a pray job.

Reactions: 2 users
Needs to work out how to impact every contest he can get to.

Some improvement this year but of late just not up to the level.

I reckon he can be a good defender, but I have serious doubts he ever will be.

Unless he improves others will overtake him and he will end up being a back up option.

It is all up to Miller now.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Ordinary for weeks now. Upgrade required.
Yeh finished the season very poorly. Outbodied by almost everyone he played on yesterday. No intensity. Disappointing after showing improvement.

Doubts about his ability to hold a key post.

Reactions: 1 user
I think we are making a big mistake if we are not looking at drafting or trading for a key back. A key back who can lock down, intercept and provide attack. Vlausty ain’t getting younger, Balta is Balta, Miller ain’t it, Young prob ain’t it and Gibbo is a wait a pray job.
What about Blight?

Had his best season ever and it wasn’t anywhere near good enough.

If you want an example of how our list management has fallen away in recent times, look no further than Ben Miller.

Reactions: 1 user
That was his seventh season on the list. I’m all for patience but geez I wish he’d hurry up and really develop into a decent back. I think he’s contracted and doubt the WA clubs would be overly interested, maybe WCE might if they lose Ronald Dale Barrass.

That was his seventh season on the list. I’m all for patience but geez I wish he’d hurry up and really develop into a decent back. I think he’s contracted and doubt the WA clubs would be overly interested, maybe WCE might if they lose Ronald Dale Barrass.
Got this feeling next season it will all click

He needs to harden the *smile* up. Embarrassing how easily Long pushed him off the ball to mark in the goal square.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
So there's some recency bias here, but understandably so.

Average disposals for his position, but above average for disposal efficiency. We all know he's tidy by foot.

* He's considered elite for spoils
* he's considered elite for 1% ers
* he's considered elite for contested one on one's
Physically his closing speed is very good for his size. Don't think he's much aerially.

He's finished the year poorly, as have a lot of the team. But you don't average that across a year, if there's no talent. I think folks are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. What if his start to the season was poor like the end, and the end of the season good like the start? I think people's opinions would be different.

I think we should take a key defender if we can get one, because Tyler Young does not excite me and Gibcus is a risk physically. Blight doesn't look AFL quality, but is definitely above VFL. We are one injury away from being back at ground zero.
Edit: fixed typo

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I like Miller ,and really this is his first year of continuous football in one spot .
People also ave to remember there is 18 clubs ,so the class of player's is diluted somewhat ,and will continue that way with a 19th club coming in .
We could do a lot worse than having Miller ,although l would like to see how Kosi would go down back.

Cant see it. Upgrade required. His very best is fine. His average isn't good enough. 7 years on list means he is a delisting next year unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat. He tries his best but just doesn't have the edge required