Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Very poor end to the season no doubt. Looks so uncertain in defence.
Need to remember he was matched down there with a rookie today & it's basically his first full season as a key back.
Honestly our once robust defence looks all at sea atm in general. Hawthorn found so much space today.

Reactions: 3 users
Thought he played his way into a regular starting back 6 and contract extension with career best form earlier in the season , lost that “ hardness “ he was playing with pre extension. Definitely a better footballer then 12 months ago , however if we are to improve he can’t be one of our starting two key defenders.

Reactions: 1 users
Frustrating for sure today
Doesn’t seem capable of being the main man in the last line
If Balta is beside him then he should be well suited to the No 2 key forward as he’s got good height and for that he’s quite mobile and quick
But too often he gets very close to the contest or the mark or the spoil and then doesn’t finish off

If Balta is beside him then he should be well suited to the No 2 key forward as he’s got good height and for that he’s quite mobile and quick
But too often he gets very close to the contest or the mark or the spoil and then doesn’t finish off
It is obvious I am a supporter of Ben by my posts but agree this is his biggest problem and if he doesn't fix it , he is gone.

Reactions: 2 users
100% correct

He was shithouse today. Non competitive. His biggest problem is that he’s a big bloke with no *smile* in him.

How many years are we lumbered with him?
100%. Put a line through him when he went up one handed multiple times in a Melbourne game a few years back. A flirt at AFL level unfortunately.

I reckon he's 2nd guessing what he should do, either go with his man or hang back, largely because our tall defence in the 2nd half of the year has been chopping and changing. Had a really good start and middle of the year but has been really poor the last 5-6 weeks, and he hasn't had a stable partner with him. We all know how consistency helps you to understand how your defensive partners play, maybe this has been impacting Ben.

The big thing we need to get right for next year, is getting our starting positions right, instead of flinging players all over the place, and in that I mean Balta. He's a backman, its so bloody obvious, but its almost been a weekly proposition of guess where Balta is going to play and it affects more than just Noah IMO.

Reactions: 5 users
I reckon he's 2nd guessing what he should do, either go with his man or hang back, largely because our tall defence in the 2nd half of the year has been chopping and changing. Had a really good start and middle of the year but has been really poor the last 5-6 weeks, and he hasn't had a stable partner with him. We all know how consistency helps you to understand how your defensive partners play, maybe this has been impacting Ben.

The big thing we need to get right for next year, is getting our starting positions right, instead of flinging players all over the place, and in that I mean Balta. He's a backman, its so bloody obvious, but its almost been a weekly proposition of guess where Balta is going to play and it affects more than just Noah IMO.
Read your first sentence didn’t need to read any more. ‘Hand-overs’ not his go

Very disappointing, Ben Long pushed him out of a marking contest today, Watson did the same last week.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just doesn't seem to have that aggression and competitiveness that the best big men do.

Lucky boy that he was playing ok when he signed his contract.

Get a midfield and forward line that can win the ball and our backline will stand up.