Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

We are really seeing the benefit of Ben being played down back, and not forward for a couple of weeks, and then in defence for a couple of weeks, and dropped to the VFL.
If he was ever to make it was as a player it was as a defender, that's where he always looked the most comfortable.

Reactions: 6 users
Ben is really coming along very nicely. Really looking forward to where he will be at the end of next season, when we've got him upto around 65-70 games. All ticking up very nicely. Was excellent today on Curnow.

Reactions: 6 users
Been on our list for years and patience was certainly wearing thin. But it seems to have clicked and he has stepped up to AFL level. The frustrating thing is that you could see there was talent there not being utlised.

Was never happy with Miller being thrown around in different positions, for all the angst about that I hope it helped. He is a defender and is looking like he can be a very good defender.

Rapt to see him improve and get a well earned extension.

DS
BIt of Weitering about him, high comparison but he is doing well.

Attacking the footy in the air and taking the big grabs as Weitering does or Sam Taylor or Moore McGovern and Barass is the next level of his game to improve upon as he goes forward.

Reactions: 4 users
BIt of Weitering about him, high comparison but he is doing well.

Attacking the footy in the air and taking the big grabs as Weitering does or Sam Taylor or Moore McGovern and Barass is the next level of his game to improve upon as he goes forward.
Is he more Astbury than Taylor?

I’ve had my doubts but he’s an improver
Mind you the club has given him time to learn and improve and ply his trade.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve had my doubts but he’s an improver
Mind you the club has given him time to learn and improve and ply his trade.
He's been given many opportunities, but we also haven't helped his development by playing him all over the park.

Reactions: 2 users
Funniest part was the Cartoon fans loud cheer when Charlie Boy finally marked and goaled late in the last. Well done Ben, you owned him.

Reactions: 1 users
Been a bit of a slow grow for Funky, but he's certainly come of age this year. Playing some damn solid footy fronting up to an avalanche of incoming every single game.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice work Ben. Quickly becoming Mr Dependable. A few of us saw it early on. Glad to see a lot more are jumping on board now.

Reactions: 1 users
Miller is the type of player who makes and breaks lists , like many before him Ben looked very good at VFL level in the role he now plays at AFL level , luckily those in charge persisted with him , found where he plays his best footy and are now been rewarded with their patience, many players similar to Ben have become list cloggers