Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Liked his work this year but had a shocker today... any chance of a body spoil instead of punching thin air
This was the issue and hopefully he can get with Truck to address it, you have to body up at least and he wasn't doing that.

That being said Hogan has been out marking very good opponents one on one all season but it wasn't just Hogan he got out marked by yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t hit the contest hard enough, especially with his big body as others have said. Was trying to use his height & reach, which didn’t work as he was bodied out of position, especially by Hogan.

He also needs to back his marking in these contests more frequently - that alone will foil the opposition forward more often than not. Harder to mark a footy with more hands around it.

Back to Bad Ben yesterday; obvs forgot to get slapped around pre-game.
A step behind, couldn't get near Hogan let alone stick his tackles.
Still plenty of credits in the bank for a good season thus far, but was way off.
Needs to bounce back strongly next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Got pushed out of the way a few times I saw. Needs to learn to hold his ground or position better as this is how the good forwards get their opportunities to take marks. Has improved so much but this aspect clearly needs some coaching, I reckon he can compete with good forwards but you could see he was trying, but was just getting shoved out of the competition. Some technique issues to work on.

DS

A much better game today after last week and was probably one of our better defenders who made fewer errors. One thing I don't understand is he is often standing well off the play of the ball. Is he playing to instructions or just a flaw in his game. Whatever, I was happy to see improvement from last week

Reactions: 1 users
Yes a bit surprised there hasn’t been more praise for his performance. Very solid game from Ben. Bounced back after last week.
I was very critical of him last week, and had to remind myself that he’s still learning his trade at AFL level.

Reactions: 2 users
Noticeable that a) he had a bit of mongrel in him, there were a couple of times he "had a go" at Port players" and b) his teammates were very quick to get to him every time he put on a good spoil.

Reactions: 8 users
Played well last night but has two glaring weaknesses; a fast leading straight ahead forward and does not use his body in marking contests. Crashing packs and body impact can be learned but currently is a mind set thing. Needs assistance with team mates to stop the straight lead.

Looking like he is a long term KB. Keeps improving.

Reactions: 3 users
Played well last night but has two glaring weaknesses; a fast leading straight ahead forward and does not use his body in marking contests. Crashing packs and body impact can be learned but currently is a mind set thing. Needs assistance with team mates to stop the straight lead.

Leading forwards you need to have someone who can come in from the side as it is virtually impossible to stop a leading forward who jumps to mark. Needs coordination.

As for the use of his body, that is definitely something he needs to work on.

Still, a much improved player and generally reliable now - I say generally because he does have off days.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
It was hilarious to watch him shadow boxing with Ollie Lord. Minson faking little shots at the Dark Lord. I ad a lulz.

Reactions: 5 users