Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Another solid performance. Always been good with ball in hand (when he could get it), now regularly getting it and beating his man.

Reactions: 13 users
He was always composed with ball in hand. Now he can defend. And bloody good at it as well.

Reactions: 5 users
Having Balta alongside him will help him a lot too. He's had a really good year. Good to see him just used in one position on the ground. Another that was victim of being played all over the place.

Reactions: 4 users
Never to play forward again!! He stays as a defender. That’s his position. He is becoming more confident and comfortable in his play.
Credit to him.

Reactions: 1 user
Should take the number #1 forward IMO, I doubt Fogarty would've kicked any more than 3 goals on him... Frees up Balta even more to attack.

Last edited:
Arguably our biggest improver. Looks very settled all of a sudden.

Add a fit Gibcus/Balta to the backline + Brown. We have some good size backs to build around all of a sudden

I thought this was his best game. Marked well, spoiled when he had to, kicked very well and made few if any mistakes. He certainly looked more confident, like he belonged in defence making good decisions and very good disposal. Some players are slow developers and it seems like his contract extension has given him a real boost in belief that he belongs at this level. Well done.

We nearly stuffed this bloke up and never allowed him to settle

Thank god they have realized it

Brown , Miller , Gibcus , Vlastuin , Rioli , Balta , Broad

Thats a solid defence

We will take 3 mids this draft

Just basically need a top KPF

Its coming along nicely

• Love
Ben has now established his position as a KPD and improving game on game as seen today with his allround game. He and Balta seem to have a good understanding between them and they work well together

Should take the number #1 forward IMO, I doubt Fogarty would've kicked any more than 3 goals on him... Frees up Balta even more to attack.
Obviously helped by Balta who played a great game and who imo is one of our five best. But I still don't think he is needed back as much as he is forward. :peepwall
Also needed to ruck when Nank needs a break and that can't be done from full back. A. great opportunity for Blight to shine.

As for Ben Miller at this point he is a shoe in to win most improved player. Notably he and Baker were both recruited together from Subiaco. All going well both will stay.

Biggest positive of the year. Big, strong, fast, elite kick. The only knock is needs to take more marks.
We have good key back depth - Miller, Balta, Gibcus, Young, Blight even Kosi.
If Blight can hold the other key back spot I would play Balta and Gibcus up forward to transition from Lynch. We also have Lefau and Fawcett.
Our KPP stocks are looking solid for the future.
Next draft or 2 we should focus on mids, mids and more mids. And a small forward or 2.
And target a mature ruck.

Reactions: 2 users
Biggest positive of the year. Big, strong, fast, elite kick. The only knock is needs to take more marks.
If Blight can hold the other key back spot I would play Balta and Gibcus up forward to transition from Lynch. We also have Lefau and Fawcett.
Next draft or 2 we should focus on mids, mids and more mids. And a small forward or 2.
it's much easier to turn forwards into defenders than it is to turn defenders into forwards. we need two kpf that will be automatic selections in the 18 imo.

Reactions: 1 users
Good summary