Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Been on our list for years and patience was certainly wearing thin. But it seems to have clicked and he has stepped up to AFL level. The frustrating thing is that you could see there was talent there not being utlised.

Was never happy with Miller being thrown around in different positions, for all the angst about that I hope it helped. He is a defender and is looking like he can be a very good defender.

Rapt to see him improve and get a well earned extension.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Does most things well for a key back except take contested marks. Needs to improve this to take his game to the next level.

Reactions: 1 users
The AFL site says he has lost 8 from 43, ranked about 5th.
Still good.
AFL gives a contested loss ratio, Brodders. Not a CDOO/CDOOL number. I hate both ratios and all numbers but IMO the AFL ratio is less hilarious.

I’ve been a half glass full towards him throughout and also wanted him settled as a backman. Seems the change of coach was what he needed to let him settle into the one position.

However, I still think he could impose himself at the contest a hell of a lot more. Stands back at times instead of ripping in. If he did he would add so much more for us. Doesn’t understand his size is bigger than most.

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve been a half glass full towards him throughout and also wanted him settled as a backman. Seems the change of coach was what he needed to let him settle into the one position.

However, I still think he could impose himself at the contest a hell of a lot more. Stands back at times instead of ripping in. If he did he would add so much more for us. Doesn’t understand his size is bigger than most.
Try and enjoy his success TT. He has come through for us with a backline that has been crippled by injury and opened up by a slow and largely ineffective midfield.
What more could we possibly ask.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I don't mind miller

I had him as my player to watch last year.
He has done ok 1on1 but there's other things he can add to his game to take him to the next level is to start taking 7-10 intercept marks a game.
That's where the game is at.
Win the ball in the middle, bolt out the front of the square and boot it foward.
If miller can start to stop the balls hitting the ground he can be an A grade defender.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't mind miller

He has done ok 1on1 but there's other things he can add to his game to take him to the next level is to start taking 7-10 intercept marks a game.
Win the ball in the middle, bolt out the front of the square and boot it foward.
If miller can start to stop the balls hitting the ground he can be an A grade defender.
The thing is, he has the ability to improve exponentially.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't mind miller

If he starts taking 7-10 intercept marks a game while staying effective one on one, he would be better than Rance.

Pretty big ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't Ryan taking 10 a game?
What did the kid for Essendon take last week?
That's the player we need. Intercepter.

You realise that Ridley has taken an average of 6 across his 2 games and had 8 against us. The next best average is Harris Andrews at less than 5. Hoping Miller can take 7-10 on average is a bizarre take, but normal for you as you seem to expect the ridiculous.

• Love
Wonder how good he can end up?

Key Backs are rare. There’s some real jobbers about.

Alex Keithy George, the St Kilda Cordy, Jerk-Thatcher, Adam Tumblesome, anyone at Hawthorn.

2024 Miller covers all them. But how good can he get? Stoked to find out.
Alex Tumblesome :ROFLMAO:
Gold post

Reactions: 1 user
Drafted @ pick 63 in Nov 2017
Got a 1 year extension in 2019
Moved to Rookie list in Nov 2020
3 years on Rookie list, 2021,22 & 23
Moved back to main list in Oct 2023
2 year extension in June 2024

Its quite a story

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Drafted @ pick 63 in Nov 2017
Got a 1 year extension in 2019
Moved to Rookie list in Nov 2020
3 years on Rookie list, 2021,22 & 23
Moved back to main list in Oct 2023
2 year extension in June 2024

Its quite a story
Yep. Bit of a long story n definitely started off slowly with just enough interesting bits to turn an extra page. Picking up pace nicely now and developing into a good solid if not quite spectacular read. Still got plenty of chapters to peruse as we haven't quite reached the middle of the story yet. Who knows how the second half unfolds but certainly expecting the strength and intensity of the story line to continue building n might still achieve best seller status by the last few pages.