Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

I’ve lacked confidence in Miller in past years for his lack of competitiveness but reckon he’s had a fine 4-5 week block, in a breakout year where he finally seems to believe he belongs.
Thought he again battled manfully tonight.
And hitting targets.
Another “young” kid benefiting from continuity.
Yep. Great to see this after how many years now.

I’ve lacked confidence in Miller in past years for his lack of competitiveness but reckon he’s had a fine 4-5 week block, in a breakout year where he finally seems to believe he belongs.
And hitting targets.

A good few weeks when our defence has been under siege too.

He has improved, a lot, and needs to be left in defence as that is clearly where he is at his best. Any temptation to try him anywhere else needs to be knocked on the head.

DS

Reactions: 11 users
And hitting targets.
Continuity but also maturity.
He want ready in years past and didn't take his opportunity.
Now he has to keep building and this effort is a baseline

Reactions: 1 user
Big fists of Miller!
ANd how good was his effort in the 1st!
A smother followed up by a tackle and then a 2nd tackle.
Repeat efforts and staying in the game.
Gotta do this again and again Ben

Reactions: 11 users
Played well tonight the big fella.

The recruitment of Blight must've giving him the spark to lift.

As I said at the start of the year will be top 10 in the b and f just needed a chance to play his best position

Reactions: 3 users
It has taken a while but finally Ben is showing signs he has a good career ahead of him at AFL level. Another good game from him today and his partnership with Balta down back looks to be paying dividends.
Also good to read some love for the big guy after me being his lone supporter for so long!

Reactions: 6 users
He did some wonderful spoiling, punching the ball away from the Geelong forwards and over the boundary line, so much so that I’m expecting a new rule that when a player spoils a mark and punches the ball over the boundary it’s a free kick against him……

Reactions: 4 users
Had a fabulous break out year.He has been underseige every week as that bloody ball fkows so free and easily into the oppositions foward line.
In our best 3 tbis year

Reactions: 4 users
Well they say defence is the foundation of building a premiership team - we saw that with Rance and built a premiership defence around him.

I am not saying we have a Rance but what we are seeing is the forging of a new defensive setup which is learning the hard way at the moment - the losses this year are the building blocks we will hopefully rely on in coming seasons.

You can build a defensive setup around Balta with Millar and Brown both stepping up and I reckon Young has shown enough also. Let’s see what Blighty can add to this.

Rance, Astbury, Grimes (almost) and Houli are done and dusted, Broad and Vlas are the last defenders left and they are there to provide the on field transition necessary.

Reactions: 1 users
Ben "The Blanket" Miller. Rarely gets out muscled in a one on one. Great spoiler, his marking is coming good and his kicking has always been a strength. Really enjoying his progress this season. Some players do take that little bit longer to develop which is why I'm not writing off any of our youth just yet.

Reactions: 13 users
He did some wonderful spoiling, punching the ball away from the Geelong forwards and over the boundary line, so much so that I’m expecting a new rule that when a player spoils a mark and punches the ball over the boundary it’s a free kick against him……
I was going to chuck a laughing emoji on this one Tim, but then thought...

Yep. You would hope Miller, Balta and Gibcus will be the backline rocks for the next 5-7 years. Hopefully Blighty and maybe Young as backup.

Reactions: 7 users
Yep. You would hope Miller, Balta and Gibcus will be the backline rocks for the next 5-7 years. Hopefully Blighty and maybe Young as backup.
It's a shame none of em have shown they can play permanent forward.

• Dislike