Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

so Battle, Perryman & Cumming are twice the players as Graham? Righteo. BTW we were last on the ladder and bottom 5 the year prior, & he's a dual premiership player.

I'm done with the afl.

More fool the clubs offering those ridiculous contracts to those 3 players.

Graham - Expect that he got offered a contract something like just under $2 mil. over 4 years which is band 4 even with age and contract length. Would have probably needed $2.2 mil contract over 4 years for band 3.

Expect most were wishing for band 3 but expected band 4.

Reactions: 6 users
We don't need the AFL to help us win flags.
Let's build a list to win 4 Flags in a row.

Reactions: 1 user
Manifestly inadequate.

Allocated the most barren academy zone, delayed license for AFLW, double free kick differential for a ludicrous period of time, ripped off compensation pick for Bellis, most uncommercial texturing for as long as I can remember…

Did I miss anything?

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
i don't rate Jack anymore but would rather keep him than obtain that kind of compensation

Reactions: 1 user
So if we made the GF , JGTI would have only got us a pick in the early 60s , another “quirky” little system the AFL has

Watch what happens next year, the AFL will definitely change the compo rules most likely that the top ten original draft order cannot be changed, Noah Balta who comes out of contract gets offered a 6 year deal on 900k plus from another club, we win the spoon again but compo is mid first or end of round 1, it's bound to happen.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
So if we made the GF , JGTI would have only got us a pick in the early 60s , another “quirky” little system the AFL has
No - would still be pick 42 - Band 4 is at the end of Rd 2, has nothing to do with finishing position

Nah. Band 4 is end of second round so it wouldn't have mattered if we won the flag or finished last. Band five would be 3rd round pick n then you sweat on where your finishing place is as to whether you get pick 43 or 60.

With that Compo pick his contract must be low end says alot about him leaving for peanuts.

Compo was bang on.
What a bunch of sooks.
What is happening to tiger supporters that there is conspiracy with everything we do.
All people do is *smile* and moan the afl did this the afl did that. Wake up to yourselves.

Before the trade period started a lot of people were saying pick 22 or most likely pick 40 depending on what he gets paid.
Its one thing to wish for something but carry on like kids who have dropped their ice cream when it doesn't happen it is ridiculous.

Did people really think wce were going to pay him a ridiculous amount of money just to make us happy.

Reactions: 3 users
IMO Jack should have been closer to a band 3 compo pick than a band 4 compo pick, so it is pretty much what I have come expect from AFL HQ.

Band 4 = pick 42 is worth 395 points so still a pretty handy pick points wise, especially if we are bundling it up with other picks for improved trades.

Or would also probably be able to trade it for a good future second rounder on it's own if we went that way. Pick 42 in this years draft is equal to pick 33 in 2025 with the new points system coming in next year.