Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

I reckon Jack has seen the writing on the wall with us for a fair while. The pay rise wasn't coming.
That pick has to reflect salary.
Yep. Would imagine the money wasn't dissimilar to ours, but he's been in a funk with us for years, pigeonholed into a weird position on field.

This move would've been mostly to reinvigorate himself.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you serious 😡

Graham’s departure has triggered an end of second-round compensation pick, which is currently pick 42.

WTF has Battle achieved compared to Graham?? He only went to the Dorks because he barracked for them.....FFS.
to get that Band 1 pick Battle will now be paid in the Top 40 players in the AFL. This is a joke

Reactions: 1 users
You will if you're worried there's no future for you at the club you're at.
We offered him a 4 year contract. Ooze mentioned all year he expected seniors to remain. There's less future at WC than at a club he grew up in. If he left, then WC salary has to be way higher than ours and can't be under $500K.

Not surprised. The reason Cummings got 2 bands higher is coz the AFL really need the GWS to be successful. Richmond can look after itself. And you just knew once Geelong started complaining the AFL were gonna overcompensate on us. It's predictable.

Everyone is spitting over this result - but was it really unexpected?
If he's gone to WC for minimum chips or 450k, is that really unfair compo?

Here's a hint. If you lower your expectations you'll all be far less stressed in life!
And achieve nothing
Go big or go home

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Yep. Would imagine the money wasn't dissimilar to ours, but he's been in a funk with us for years, pigeonholed into a weird position on field.

This move would've been mostly to reinvigorate himself.
Reckon you're right. Been uncertain of his role for 3 years since the rule changes. Probably hoping to establish himself as a starting mid. Be interesting to see what plans Mini has for him.

Don't think the issue is what we got for Graham as opposed to what other clubs got for absolute spuds. Pick 40ish is probably about right for a plodder like Graham

It's at the end of the second round, after that club's actual pick in the next round, isn't it?
I think band 3 would have been 2nd round after the club's actual pick. Band 4 is end of 2nd round.

If we'd won the flag, band 3 and band 4 would actually be the same pick, which is stupid

Not surprised. The reason Cummings got 2 bands higher is coz the AFL really need the GWS to be successful. Richmond can look after itself. And you just knew once Geelong started complaining the AFL were gonna overcompensate on us. It's predictable.
Issac Cumming, same age as Graham but got a 6 year deal and obviously more dosh, footy world still surprised GWS got a band 2 compo, add to that the AFL also adjusted their metrics overnight :rolleyes: .
Perryman 6 year deal, reportedly over 900K 😲
Band 4 is what I expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
According to their new contracts, yes they are
Yep. Clubs running around handing out mega 6 year deals at $850k or $900k per year for medium grade players is simply crazy n elevates the compo to 1st rounders. Fridge is prob getting $600k to $650k for 4 years and that's just mid tier pay for a mid tier player with the new salary cap numbers for next year.