Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

The AFL needs to be transparent about this. In what world does Isaac Cumming (90% of supporters wouldn't know who he is) get band 2 and Graham band 4? They need to show us the difference between the two.

On face value this absolutely stinks.

Reactions: 7 users
I'd be surprised that Graham moves to WC for that contract.
Especially considering we put in a revised higher offer
So this, if you ever wanted a sign that the club isn't traveling well.

But that must be the contract based on the outcome.

Reactions: 1 users
we now must play hard ball with Bolton, & Rioli, both are worth 2 early first rounders, plus

Reactions: 3 users
For Band 4 he must of been offered under $500k. He was rumoured to be on 400-450 with us and we wouldn't have offered him a payrise. So Eagles offer was around 450-500k I RECKON and for 4 years AS THE SWEETENER. Thats good coin considering he only played 14 games this season and all IN losing ones. He's a very lucky man considering his history of injuries.
He'll be probably playing in the WAFL by the end of his third year as he really needed to be in a club full of jets like our premiership days. Pick 42 was a blessing in reality as i would've just delisted him as he's too slow and injury prone.
Move on as his chapter has ended and we are lucky to have got a good 4-5 seasons out of a pedestrian footballer. Time to hit the draft now and build a team that can play to the pace of the modern game.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
The AFL needs to be transparent about this. In what world does Isaac Cumming (90% of supporters wouldn't know who he is) get band 2 and Graham band 4? They need to show us the difference between the two.

On face value this absolutely stinks.
I always wonder what the dialogue between us and them is in cases like this. Must be a lot of spitting coming out of our mouth.

Jack Graham is now worth the same as any player under 50 games.

If the compensation is fair then Jack must have really wanted out to move on for such a low contract. As Scoop said a sign we aren't travelling very well at all at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
If the compensation is fair then Jack must have really wanted out to move on for such a low contract. As Scoop said a sign we aren't travelling very well at all at the moment.
…or just confirmation the secret recipe screw over

Depending on how we get *smile* over by the AFL, could be my last off season. Just about had the sport. Almost looking for the reason to say *smile* off
I’m with you mate.
I was once the total footy consumer.
Totally absorbed in Richmond and the AFL. Spent so much money on coteries, flew up with the team on a couple of pre season training camps and own almost every piece of memorabilia possible.
This year I didn’t even watch the GF.
The AFL have sucked the enjoyment out of me with the umpiring being my biggest gripe. It’s so manufactured and manipulated that it makes me sick.
Jumping on PRE my only real footy addiction left although must admit the negativity on here sometimes doesn’t help my mindset either.
The latest ripoff has almost ruined my day. Can’t fathom how this always works against us, especially when the experts were saying pick 21 or 26 only this morning.
Time for a self imposed rest.

Reactions: 7 users
WTF has Battle achieved compared to Graham?? He only went to the Dorks because he barracked for them.....FFS.

Reactions: 1 user
so Battle, Perryman & Cumming are twice the players as Graham? Righteo. BTW we were last on the ladder and bottom 5 the year prior, & he's a dual premiership player.

I'm done with the afl.

42 - what a joke. Wonder if the Tigers will make a comment on this. Probably not - week as *smile*

Everyone is spitting over this result - but was it really unexpected?
If he's gone to WC for minimum chips or 450k, is that really unfair compo?

Here's a hint. If you lower your expectations you'll all be far less stressed in life!

Reactions: 5 users
I reckon Jack has seen the writing on the wall with us for a fair while. The pay rise wasn't coming.
That pick has to reflect salary.
You don't move 2000km for the same wages mate. No one does that.

Reactions: 4 users
The sad thing is….most of us will still keep listening, posting, following (in with the new kids coming in)…even after another kick from the CFL….at some point enough will/must be enough.

Everyone is spitting over this result - but was it really unexpected?
If he's gone to WC for minimum chips or 450k, is that really unfair compo?

Here's a hint. If you lower your expectations you'll all be far less stressed in life!
At 26, why join another low based club on a salary like that? Surely must be above $500K.