Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Why can’t we have a whinge and get treated like that?
17 other clubs after they whinge - result, they get rewarded
Richmond after we whinge - result, we get *smile* with the rough end of a pineapple and get called whinger to boot. Proof- see how we get umpired after balmey said what he thought of the umpiring years ago

Reactions: 2 users
Just sad to read his goodbye speech. I'm still a bit surprised his home town Crows didn't offer him a contract.

Lot of pessimism here. Am I right to guess that around $750,000 plus pa would be needed to trigger band 1. Blair and Richmond etc will know what the figures are on those free agents moving this year who have already seen compo awarded to their old clubs.
Don't see how the AFL can get around that history and reward the Tigers any differently, without running the risk of a court action. Reasonably confident the AFL would not so flagrantly breach their own guidelines.:bash

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
One gone and probably three to go. Sorry to see him go but as he was out of contract and wanted to try pastures new then good luck to him. Whether it is the right move for him remains to be seen but it does free up another place to draft young talent

Reactions: 1 users
Lot of pessimism here. Am I right to guess that around $750,000 plus pa would be needed to trigger band 1. Blair and Richmond etc will know what the figures are on those free agents moving this year who have already seen compo awarded to their old clubs.
Don't see how the AFL can get around that history and reward the Tigers any differently, without running the risk of a court action. Reasonably confident the AFL would not so flagrantly breach their own guidelines.:bash
I believe Band 1 is a minimum of around 5 years at around $800k+ has been the figure mooted. And age component as well.
But that wouldn’t matter to Shady Kane and the afl they’ll make up anything that suits them.

You’re reasonably confident the afl wouldn’t breach their own guidelines? :LOL: I’ve got ten bridges to sell, pick a colour…

Last edited:

6 years at $900k is what's been needed.

Fridge has 4 years on nowhere near that.

Band 4 you'd think.

You must be new to the sport of AFL.

Welcome.

• Haha
Pessimism or realism. It's a fine line. I reckon there'd be 17 clubs lining up to take AFL to court if the Tigers received pick 2 for Graham 😂.

6 years at $900k is what's been needed.

Fridge has 4 years on nowhere near that.

Band 4 you'd think.
The deluded ones will angrily blame the AFL for “changing the rules” after they got their hopes up by themselves

Another player who can’t wait to get out of Tigerland.
And he’s got the weakest excuse of all……. He hasn’t actually got one

Loved the Fridge. Lots of respect for what he given us over the years. I think he's always been looking for a bigger role than we'd give him - why go to WC when you're from SA otherwise?
Either way, thanks and best luck Jack.

I can see band 2/3 compensation. 4 years at 650k isn't tier 1. Plus we can't see what the other 10 herbs and spice are.

Reactions: 4 users
17 other clubs after they whinge - result, they get rewarded
Richmond after we whinge - result, we get *smile* with the rough end of a pineapple and get called whinger to boot. Proof- see how we get umpired after balmey said what he thought of the umpiring
Other clubs getting quality comp to dilute the RFCs first round haul somewhat.

Corrupt AFL cannot let public enemy number one get a swathe of top kids now. can they.

Last edited: