Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

you clearly have a comprehension problem.

I didn’t say anything about Jack’s leadership except to say none of us outside the club know what the leadership offered by individual players really is.

Seriously, you would argue with a shadow

You're being argued by a moon shadow, moon shadow, moon shadow. :))

Never liked that song.

Reactions: 1 users
you clearly have a comprehension problem.

I didn’t say anything about Jack’s leadership except to say none of us outside the club know what the leadership offered by individual players really is.

Seriously, you would argue with a shadow
No you suffer from comprehension as you're suggesting the club sees leadership in him and dadadada, yet I've given you examples where he may not be as valued by the club as you think. YOUR second part of a post bolded below clearly you state he has leadership and yet the Suns and GWS unlike us didn't have 17 senior players.

Here is what you stated:

If you want to see what a club with lots of talented young players with not enough senior leaders looks like have a look at the suns and giants when they first started. Imo we need to make sure we have enough senior players around.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dislike
Seriously mate neither do you and of the leadership witnessed this year Jack clearly wasn't a leader. Results can only improve if we can offload him as leadership if he has as your suggesting is underdone by his rubbish level of football.. If he offered so much leadership wouldn't the club make a massive offer to keep him? Instead they're negotiating to *smile* him off. As i stated you guess is good as mine, but evidence suggests he's not valued for leadership and it's just another figment of your imagination.
This whole conversation started because it's rumoured the club has offered a 4yr deal.

So based on the above, the fact most people here are saying the offer is too large, you'd agree that he must have some leadership. That's good to know.

Leadership is more than just what happens on the field. You think Cotchin's leadership on the ground was what happened to change our culture or more the stuff he was doing off it?

Reactions: 1 user
No you suffer from comprehension as you're suggesting the club sees leadership in him and dadadada, yet I've given you examples where he may not be as valued by the club as you think. YOUR second part of a post bolded below clearly you state he has leadership and yet the Suns and GWS unlike us didn't have 17 senior players. So it was a massive over reaction and gaslighting by you as usual. Your problem is you're an apologist and derail all threads with tripe and contradictions and when you're caught out for it you play the man. So don't ever say i suffer from comprehension Strawman unless you comprehend what you actually post.

Here is what you stated:

If you want to see what a club with lots of talented young players with not enough senior leaders looks like have a look at the suns and giants when they first started. Imo we need to make sure we have enough senior players around.
Nonsense.

Never once made any comment about Jack Graham’s leadership capabilities.

Give it a rest.

• Haha
This whole conversation started because it's rumoured the club has offered a 4yr deal.

So based on the above, the fact most people here are saying the offer is too large, you'd agree that he must have some leadership. That's good to know.

Leadership is more than just what happens on the field. You think Cotchin's leadership on the ground was what happened to change our culture or more the stuff he was doing off it?
i said IF IF IF. Nobody knows his deal as it could be 4 yrs on a low number. lol
I haven't said anything about his leadership, but quoted ST who back peddled . I stated the club valuing his leadership mustn't be that high as they're offloading him.

Nonsense.

Never once made any comment about Jack Graham’s leadership capabilities.

Give it a rest.
Busted .lol that's the best you've got. ;) :) Why say this in his thread as he was the subject here?

Busted .lol that's the best you've got. ;) :) Why say this in his thread as he was the subject here?

This is fun

I said it because it is my opinion that we need to have some senior players around the club along with all the youth . It does not mention Jack Graham in particular and it is not about Jack Graham in particular. As I mentioned before in an earlier post in this “discussion” I have actually stated and posted that I was leaning towards letting him go.

Signed
A.Shadow

“He was State (SA) under-18 captain this year and has impressive leadership qualities.

“One of our guys that works over there (in Adelaide), said they hadn’t seen one of the SA (under-18) captains like him in the last 10 years . . .

“He’s one of those guys that grabbed the players after the coach had spoken to them just to say, ‘Okay boys, this is what we’re doing, so let’s get on board"

www.foxsports.com.au/afl/axed-dockers-plea-to-17-clubs-tiger-denies-big-squeeze-claims-trade-whispers/news-story/45c1f5ae6f8cac9f16ab75aacc54ef38

“I firmly believe that Jack Graham is going to be a very good player for us going forward,” Riewoldt told SEN Tassie.

“Fridge, that’s his nickname, he can play anywhere. It’s just finding the right balance of those inside mids.

“I would be absolutely flat (if he left).

“He is a great person, and a player we firmly believe could be a good leader – possible captain material.” - Jack Riewoldt

• Haha
This is fun

I said it because it is my opinion that we need to have some senior players around the club along with all the youth . It does not mention Jack Graham in particular and it is not about Jack Graham in particular. As I mentioned before in an earlier post in this “discussion” I have actually stated and posted that I was leaning towards letting him go.

Signed
A.Shadow
Why say it then ? 😂 This is his thread . You mentioned some hidden leadership qualities in players that we were unaware of in Jack. Then you posted that line. Own it as you said it clearly . All the same we still have Nankervis, Vlaustin, TT, Hopper, Broad, Prestia and a few other’s next year so your point was meaningless as you were comparing us to GWS and The Suns when they started. It’s ok to be wrong as it makes you bigger, braver, stronger and better equipped on your next challenge in life. It’s character building mate.

Last edited:

“He was State (SA) under-18 captain this year and has impressive leadership qualities.

“One of our guys that works over there (in Adelaide), said they hadn’t seen one of the SA (under-18) captains like him in the last 10 years . . .

“He’s one of those guys that grabbed the players after the coach had spoken to them just to say, ‘Okay boys, this is what we’re doing, so let’s get on board"

www.foxsports.com.au/afl/axed-dockers-plea-to-17-clubs-tiger-denies-big-squeeze-claims-trade-whispers/news-story/45c1f5ae6f8cac9f16ab75aacc54ef38

“I firmly believe that Jack Graham is going to be a very good player for us going forward,” Riewoldt told SEN Tassie.

“Fridge, that’s his nickname, he can play anywhere. It’s just finding the right balance of those inside mids.

“I would be absolutely flat (if he left).

“He is a great person, and a player we firmly believe could be a good leader – possible captain material.” - Jack Riewoldt
It was speculation back then and it never happened the captaincy. People saying Richard Tambling will be a champion in 2004 , didn’t come to fruition.
Jack says , “Could be a good leader”. Again he’s speculating and could means in doubt. This was in 2017 and now he’s being offloaded so no real evidence reading a 7yo article that this is true today. Your only example was some tripe by Tim Watson.

He stays or he goes.
Whether the club upped its offer or its media speculation or salted by his management, who knows?
Will it make any difference?
Is he a leader? Does he inspire younger players? Who knows and if he leaves it doesn’t matter.

He hasn’t announced anything yet has he? Who has leaked details of his contract offers? Anyone?

All a bit premature atm. I’ll wait until I hear something official or from JG himself.

Reactions: 2 users
He stays or he goes.
Whether the club upped its offer or its media speculation or salted by his management, who knows?
Will it make any difference?
Is he a leader? Does he inspire younger players? Who knows and if he leaves it doesn’t matter.

He hasn’t announced anything yet has he? Who has leaked details of his contract offers? Anyone?

All a bit premature atm. I’ll wait until I hear something official or from JG himself.
Agree , but I hope he goes as our midfield needs life.

Why say it then ? 😂 This is his thread . You mentioned some hidden leadership qualities in players that we were unaware of in Jack. Then you posted that line. Own it as you said it clearly . All the same we still have Nankervis, Vlaustin, TT, Hopper, Broad, Prestia and a few other’s next year so your point was meaningless as you were comparing us to GWS and The Suns when they started. It’s ok to be wrong as it makes you bigger, braver, stronger and better equipped on your next challenge in life. It’s character building mate.
It’s Vlastuin not Vlaustin …..mate :rotfl1

Just follow the posts and what I said in them and you will have your answer. Although I am a big confused about what I am supposed to be wrong about but that’s the theme for a lot of your posting tbh.

• Dislike
It was speculation back then and it never happened the captaincy. People saying Richard Tambling will be a champion in 2004 , didn’t come to fruition.
Jack says , “Could be a good leader”. Again he’s speculating and could means in doubt. This was in 2017 and now he’s being offloaded so no real evidence reading a 7yo article that this is true today. Your only example was some tripe by Tim Watson.
The theme is, he's been a leader his whole life. Every single person involved with Richmond has commented about it.
It's indisputable.
People have leadership qualities or they don't. You can make those skills better, but you can't change someone to grow leadership skills if they never had them to begin with.
That's not to say Graham should stay or go, but seeing as you seem to revel in arguing over minutiae, the evidence says you're wrong.
Now, let's move on because we're not getting an answer until WC find a coach, no matter how many replies you make wishing him to go.

It’s Vlastuin not Vlaustin …..mate :rotfl1

Just follow the posts and what I said in them and you will have your answer. Although I am a big confused about what I am supposed to be wrong about but that’s the theme for a lot of your posting tbh.
Your posting then is nothing , but trolling as why would you mention all that leadership crap and then say it wasn’t directed for Jack Graham as it’s his thread? You were derailing the thread or being genuine until I caught you out. Now stop your nonsense, especially with your personal snipes as it says more about your character.

• Dislike
Your posting then is nothing , but trolling as why would you mention all that leadership crap and then say it wasn’t directed for Jack Graham as it’s his thread? You were derailing the thread or being genuine until I caught you out. Now stop your nonsense, especially with your personal snipes as it says more about your character.
Mate …mate … mate

If there is a troll here it is you. As for personal snipes, how about you read the replies you made to me? Just give it a rest

You actually have a problem, I think you are a compulsive arguer and you seem to have an issue with anyone who doesn’t have the same opinion as you.

The theme is, he's been a leader his whole life. Every single person involved with Richmond has commented about it.
It's indisputable.
People have leadership qualities or they don't. You can make those skills better, but you can't change someone to grow leadership skills if they never had them to begin with.
That's not to say Graham should stay or go, but seeing as you seem to revel in arguing over minutiae, the evidence says you're wrong.
Now, let's move on because we're not getting an answer until WC find a coach, no matter how many replies you make wishing him to go.
Has he been a leader or more just a role player? You are going on nothing , but personal feelings and provided some weak examples.
I say he’s been a role player and never taken his game to a level of captaincy or great leadership. So based on this years results I don’t think it’s indisputable and more disputable. He’s constantly breaking down and coming back either breaking down again or producing embarrassing performances. How this could inspire others is mind boggling.
I’ve said my piece now and will move on.

Either we know he has definitely packed his bags for Perth so we up the ante in the hope we get a better compo pick or we actually rate him and really want him to stay.
If it is the latter perhaps the Rioli, Bolton and Baker deals are all done behind the scenes so they now want to keep some experience.
I'm really hoping its the former as Jack's best footy is way past him especially with the way the game is played now with fast feet and skills.

Mate …mate … mate

If there is a troll here it is you. As for personal snipes, how about you read the replies you made to me? Just give it a rest

You actually have a problem, I think you are a compulsive arguer and you seem to have an issue with anyone who doesn’t have the same opinion as you.
I didn’t ok as you started by challenging my comprehension. Now stop ok and admit you were trolling or you changed your tact when caught out. Move on as it’s ok to be wrong.
I have an issue with people who can’t backup their statements.