Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

I didn’t ok as you started by challenging my comprehension. Now stop ok and admit you were trolling or you changed your tact when caught out. Move on as it’s ok to be wrong.
I have an issue with people who can’t backup their statements.
I only back up statement I make. I draw the line at backing up statements I don’t make :ROFLMAO:

Have we established if what we have offered Graham equals or exceeds the offer he has from WCE?
This is the snippet from AFL.COM.AU which says contract length is equal. Earlier he was considering a smaller monetary offer. So no mention whether we offered him the same or more money. it appears we have just matched his 4 years, but not the money.

TIGERS INCREASE BID TO KEEP FLAG STAR

RICHMOND has upped its offer for free agent Jack Graham to four years, hopeful the premiership midfielder will commit his future to the club.

Graham has been weighing up a four-year deal from West Coast throughout the season, where he can move as an unrestricted free agent, but had also been considering a smaller offer to potentially stay at the Tigers.

However, Richmond has since moved to retain Graham by tabling a longer-term deal having already received trade requests from fellow premiership stars Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli in recent weeks.

Why?
We let go of Baker but we 'up' the offer to keep Graham who is injured every 2nd week and takes 2 hours to get moving.
This must be all for the concession pick,
Make out that we really really want him to stay, but we really really want pick 21 compo

Reactions: 2 users
Why?
We let go of Baker but we 'up' the offer to keep Graham who is injured every 2nd week and takes 2 hours to get moving.
Make out that we really really want him to stay, but we really really want pick 21 compo

For the compo pick

If we really really wanted him to stay we would have increased the $ amount

Reactions: 1 users
For the compo pick

If we really really wanted him to stay we would have increased the $ amount
Dunno how. If the money was better and the years are the same, why would he stay?
WC just have to say that’s our offer. It’s better than Richmond’s take it or leave it. They don’t need to up the ante any more.

Reactions: 1 user
Another nuance is that if we’re actually targeting a free/restricted agent ourselves, we’d lose the compensation pick we got for Graham so perhaps something is in play?
We hold the #1 pre season pick, I'd think we would go that route first if possible to avoid losing greater compensation for Graham.

This is the snippet from AFL.COM.AU which says contract length is equal. Earlier he was considering a smaller monetary offer. So no mention whether we offered him the same or more money. it appears we have just matched his 4 years, but not the money.

TIGERS INCREASE BID TO KEEP FLAG STAR

RICHMOND has upped its offer for free agent Jack Graham to four years, hopeful the premiership midfielder will commit his future to the club.

Graham has been weighing up a four-year deal from West Coast throughout the season, where he can move as an unrestricted free agent, but had also been considering a smaller offer to potentially stay at the Tigers.

However, Richmond has since moved to retain Graham by tabling a longer-term deal having already received trade requests from fellow premiership stars Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli in recent weeks.
We must of found out what the AFL is going to give us. Now trying to get Graham back

Why?
We didn’t let go of Baker. He had an excellent offer from us

Reactions: 4 users
I don't subscribe to the theory that we are some super masterminds that simply upped our deal to Graham to play the system and receive a better compo pick. For some unknown and strange reason they must actually rate Graham and genuinely want him to stay. Why?? I just don't see it. Absolute plodder. Let's not forget the same people just gave Ryan a 3 year contract and most likely will re-sign Dow and also thought it was a great idea to trade in Kosi. We have done a lot right but the last few years we have dropped the ball significantly. Now to claim we are geniuses by trying to scam the system is a little wishful thinking. If it were to backfire and he accepts our 4 year deal we are left with an injury prone tortoise for the next 4 years. If we start bringing in high quality young mids i dont want Graham taking their spot.
Hopefully it all works out and we are playing the system but I think we are giving them too much credit.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I don't subscribe to the theory that we are some super masterminds that simply upped our deal to Graham to play the system and receive a better compo pick. For some unknown and strange reason they must actually rate Graham and genuinely want him to stay. Why?? I just don't see it. Absolute plodder. Let's not forget the same people just gave Ryan a 3 year contract and most likely will re-sign Dow and also thought it was a great idea to trade in Kosi. We have done a lot right but the last few years we have dropped the ball significantly. Now to claim we are geniuses by trying to scam the system is a little wishful thinking. If it were to backfire and he accepts our 4 year deal we are left with an injury prone tortoise for the next 4 years. If we start bringing in high quality young mids i dont want Graham taking their spot.
Hopefully it all works out and we are playing the system but I think we are giving them too much credit.

They probably know what Jack offers far better than what we "outsiders" do. I'll be guided by that.

Reactions: 8 users

He has some value to us as an experienced mid in a rebuild, but I have no doubt this is a play to get a better compo pick

• Haha
I only back up statement I make. I draw the line at backing up statements I don’t make :ROFLMAO:

I mean if you say we need a good coach in the jack graham thread that must mean you think graham is our next coach.

Right?

• Haha
I mean if you say we need a good coach in the jack graham thread that must mean you think graham is our next coach.

Right?
Huh ?

All I said was we punters don’t know who the leaders are in the playing group and we need to have some good leaders around.

I’ll make sure from now on I only make statements about the need for leaders in the leaders thread. Do we have one of those? :ROFLMAO:

I don't subscribe to the theory that we are some super masterminds that simply upped our deal to Graham to play the system and receive a better compo pick.
I don’t subscribe to it either mainly because it is a risky strategy if we aren’t prepared to actually keep him if he changes his mind.

This thread has become about as interesting as the prospect of watching Jack Graham run around in Y&B for another 4 years!

Huh ?

All I said was we punters don’t know who the leaders are in the playing group and we need to have some good leaders around.

I’ll make sure from now on I only make statements about the need for leaders in the leaders thread. Do we have one of those? :ROFLMAO:
We just need meta data and a share point system so our posts can be correctly tagged.

Eg.#Leadership #coach #sarcasm #anti-troll #jackgraham for my post above

• Haha