Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Why on earth have we offered Graham a 4 year deal, that is madness. 2 year deal max would have made sense.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users
Why on earth have we offered Graham a 4 year deal, that is madness. 2 year deal max would have made sense.
If it's low-ish money over four years then I'm for it......

Something about Graham in the final weeks said he still has something left in the tank......

Someone previously posted stats that show his true speed (vs perceptions)......

So bring it on I say..................... WC either cough up more ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or we end up with a player that (still?) has something to offer.............

Reactions: 1 users
Graham wants to go to Wetcoke theyre the ones that offered a 4 year deal first and he should with respect accept it

Reactions: 1 users
Is it possibly strategic? If West Coast increase their offer does it mean better compensation for Richmond? Could it mean the difference between a beginning or end of round 2 pick?
That's what I reckon too.
They need to make it look like we want him to stay but deep down we are staring at pick 21.
I can't see why we would want him to stay.
He isn't a genuine midfielder.
New era.
Slow
Injury prone.

Reactions: 2 users
Matt Clarke might lure Graham, Baker and Mini as new coach. Richmond DNA in the north and the west.

Reactions: 1 user
With Prestia’s extension if we keep Graham thats 2 slow midfielders who can’t get space and break from the contest to go with the rest that can’t do that. We need pace.
Yes we do, but relying only on quick lightweight draft picks will put us in the same hole as GWS and GC when they started. We need a mix of strong bodies (Graham & Prestia) as well as draft picks. The new players will be quick and good kicks (we hope) but they won't have the tank for AFL for a year or two.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Yes we do, but relying only on quick lightweight draft picks will put us in the same hole as GWS and GC when they started. We need a mix of strong bodies (Graham & Prestia) as well as draft picks. The new players will be quick and good kicks (we hope) but they won't have the tank for AFL for a year or two.
Strong bodies in midfield will be Taranto Hopper Prestia Ross McAuliffe
We need speed cant have another plodder

Reactions: 10 users
I would like to see Jack as the Captain next year.
I think he is one of those guys that thrives on responsibility and will lift.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Sounds to me like we may be making a play for Pick 3
Lets hope so because 4 years for a mid that doesn't even get into the centre bounces to often or get on the park for that matter is ridiculous.

2 years & if Eagles have offered 4 well all the best Jack.

Reactions: 2 users
Lets hope so because 4 years for a mid that doesn't even get into the centre bounces to often or get on the park for that matter is ridiculous.

2 years & if Eagles have offered 4 well all the best Jack.
Definitely looks like a game of trying to push the compensation up.

Having said that, Graham is not slow across the ground. He's definitely not quick in the first few metres/acceleration, but across the ground all game he's usually in the top 5-10 on the ground. I think his problem now is durability. When his body is right, he's useful. The issue is his body hasn't been reliable....how much of that can be resolved if we get a proper S&C / High performance manager in? Maybe the club believes he's not a lost cause if we get his body right, and they're addressing that. The leadership and cultural IP Graham has is another intangible. Not many of those types left with all the other departures.

More nuance to this than it appears in my opinion. I'd still want the higher pick if we can get it. Not often you can turn a pick 50+ mid with a lot of miles on the clock to a high end selection.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users