Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Tiger_4_Life said:
Nah he just needs to lock his facebook down so we can't see that stuff along with stopping the status updates.
Good point. Hopefully he isn't one of those people who post absolutely everything they are doing during the course of any given day ie "going out to lunch now", "lunch was good, love those burgers!" *shudders*

Looks good in the highlights but the key to players like him is how he adapts to not having the time and space he got at a lower level .

Hopefully he will .

Ty Esler said:
When I was 18 the posts would have included references to how awesome bbq shapes tasted

Haha yeah same, theyre still pretty good now although I reckon there's not as much bbq spice on the shapes anymore.

K3 said:
Good point. Hopefully he isn't one of those people who post absolutely everything they are doing during the course of any given day ie "going out to lunch now", "lunch was good, love those burgers!" *shudders*

Tiger_4_Life said:
Haha yeah same, theyre still pretty good now although I reckon there's not as much bbq spice on the shapes anymore.

I'm close enough to that age. Can't tell you how annoying it is when an ex-coworker of mine keeps posting updates about how she loves her husband, or how she really needs a cigarette, or how she loves being pregnant (you heard right).

The worst things I do is post about big sporting things (went nuts for Siddle's hat-trick) and stuff about video games. What? I can like both. :p

Media training must not have happened yet for the new guys.

You would think it would be high on the list for their induction into AFL, regardless of the club.

KiwiTig said:
Media training must not have happened yet for the new guys.

You would think it would be high on the list for their induction into AFL, regardless of the club.
So you'd think.
If they did he might not have passed. ???
Then again JR still puts a few "beauties" out there.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I thank god when I was 18 there was no social media to broadcast and record all the stupid things I used to say.

Yeah tough crowd @ PRE.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree totally.
He just sounds like a SA boy who's pretty homesick which is understandable.
I hope he can settle into life in Melbourne and carve out a career with us.

Massive adjustment for the kid and people on here are having a dig at him. ::)

Nothing to worry about. In fact the stalking of players on social media freaks me out a bit.

Must admit am partial to the ol dixie drumsticks , used to smash bbq shapes till they changed owners who dont smother in tomato paste like they used to, used to love getting to the bottom of the pack and scooping up all the tomato past onto remaining shapes ..... mmmmmmmmm.

Sadly without doubt one of the worst things you can eat though health wise.

Used to go feral over bacon rings chips too...................... god i loved those like Toobs wish theyd bring the ol bacon rings back !!!

though I'm scared of being called a toff I quite like the new and fancy Woodfired Pizza flavour

BBQ Shapes Rock.
Do they still make Savoury Shapes ?

craig said:
god i loved those like Toobs wish theyd bring the ol bacon rings back !!!

Mmm Toobs. Sure you're not thinking of Burger Rings?
burger_rings.jpg

Still fond of those.

Tigers of Old said:
Mmm Toobs. Sure you're not thinking of Burger Rings?
burger_rings.jpg

Still fond of those.

Nah My Dear Toots, Bacon rings were in a blue and yellow packet they always came in Sunny Boy show bags and at schiool canteens.

Must admit dont mind the ol Burger rings either.

The old Chickadees were a fave too.

Geez ive eaten a ton of crap over the years.

craig said:
The old Chickadees were a fave too.

I loved Chickadees, but I can feel my arteries constricting at just the thought of them. I don't think you could fins a more processed artificial food than chikaddes if you tried, other than possibly chicken nuggets.

Back on topic, I think it it well worth remembering that Andy Collins apparently gave Helbig a very positive reference.

He'll do us right IMO.

Helbig seems to be the quiet achiever during this years pre-season. Not much has been said about him but is a real smokey to debut against Carlton.

I am looking forward to seeing how he goes today against Adelaide. He could play that high half forward role similar to what he did back in Adelaide with spells in the middle. From all accounts doesnt mind the hard stuff which would no doubt please Dimma.