Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Smoking Aces said:
He has been smashed with injuries and played out of position. Needs to be given another opportunity.

I hope he makes it, but I see to many players going past him like Gordon and even Arnott perhaps for instance.

He needs a few BOG at the VFL to get back into the team.

I haven't seen him too many times, but when I have he seems to have a real problem with getting his hands on the ball. I doubt he will make it and will be delisted at the end of the year.

I saw a lot of him at Coburg the last few years, and he strikes me as the type of player who if the coach says "do this" then he does that without fuss. For a period last year he seemed to be allowed to play his own game and the form that followed got him into the AFL team where I think he got injured?

Would like to see him playing as a hard hitting defensive mid/forward

Has had a fairly bad run with injuries but has never really been given an extended run in the firsts when fit. Obviously not a Dimma favourite.

I watched the VFl game. Struggled to hit a target, also sooked and had a go at team mates when they didn't kick to him

Really liked this kid in the first year, but sadly cannot see any light now.

B2

Another Brett Hatrigan, had all the promise, but showed *smile*
Would've been nice to see him play in right position he was recruit as..a forward/midfielder.

I would give him one last chance. If he does not perform or gets injured well we at least have a final answer of where he is at. And yes I would play him in the forward line.

saigon tiger said:
Has had a fairly bad run with injuries but has never really been given an extended run in the firsts when fit. Obviously not a Dimma favourite.
Dont think its about favouritizm, i think hes just not up to it.

He is the exact type of player we keep on the list for too long waiting, hoping, dreaming that he will become a star only to realise 8 years later he just aint good enough.

Is suited to VFL standard at best.

He seems to play ok at VFL level but when he gets a go at AFL level isnt able to find the ball
IMO not upto it

He may be one of those players who is very good, maybe even a cut above, at VFL level, but struggles to take the next step.

Definitely a keeper, we can't jettison guys like this.

Big bodied, aggressive, kicking is neat enough, tenacious, team-minded.

Has just been cruelled by injury and hasn't been given enough run in seniors midfield.

If we can't rotate him through the guts put him in the FP. Can't do worse than Kingy right now.

Carter said:
Definitely a keeper, we can't jettison guys like this.

Has just been cruelled by injury and hasn't been given enough run in seniors midfield.

If we can't rotate him through the guts put him in the FP. Can't do worse than Kingy right now.
I know people who watch the VFL keep saying this, but he's never shown anything at AFL level to justify it. As you say however he couldn't do worse than King, though, so maybe give him another chance and see if he can take it this time.

Agree with what's been said, if not locked in come rd22 I'd move on, but not against seeing him getting a 5 week block at AFL

Carter said:

185/85 are his stats which is pretty average for an AFL player. And when I look at him I never think of him as some sort of big-bodied enforcer. Guys like Arnot or Hocking from Ess are what I consider big-bodied AFL players. Helbig has always seemed to me to be a little runty and slow. Hard at it yes, but hardly some sort of bull.

Has had a shocking run with injury, but how long does one get? Would need to start showing an ability to stay on the park and some statistical improvement in 2014

Was one of the best in the mauling of the ressies on Saturday. Still don't think he is AFL quality though. Would rather McDonough in that HB role.

Reckon Helbig could play Kingy's role quite well, has the defensive mindset, speed, hardness but can go into the midfield or back if needed
(which King cannot do)

and it is not like King is a noted crumber or extra dangerous around goals