Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

rombosghost said:
I understand we need to use a minimum of 3 picks in the National Draft but can Pettard's rookie upgrade be counted as one? Also, if we grab a delisted free agent such as the lad from Port, Thomas?, will his selection be refelcted in the draft or would he be simply added to our list?
yes it can be one of the 3 picks and yes it will be shown as our last pick.

We can also take Newy out of the main list and add him as the 39th player because of his veteran status and take one less rookie.

Sintiger I thought they ditched the veteran rule in favour of the 38-40 rule and nominating rookies as players

By the way I hate the term rookie lust - it should go back to being called the supplementary list

DirtyDogTiger said:
Sintiger I thought they ditched the veteran rule in favour of the 38-40 rule and nominating rookies as players

By the way I hate the term rookie lust - it should go back to being called the supplementary list

"rookie lust" - sounds illegal DDT :eek:

DirtyDogTiger said:

Not aware of it but you may be right.

A club can have 40 listed players but I thought at a minimum 38 of those had to be non-veterans but they may have changed it. They certainly changed the salary cap rules around veterans. Certainly if we had 39 listed players only one rookie can be elevated except for LTI or after the halfway point of the season.

Sintiger said:
Not aware of it but you may be right.

A club can have 40 listed players but I thought at a minimum 38 of those had to be non-veterans but they may have changed it. They certainly changed the salary cap rules around veterans. Certainly if we had 39 listed players only one rookie can be elevated except for LTI or after the halfway point of the season.

Thanks chaps!

Smoking Aces said:
I have him as the big improver next year. Will play plenty of senior games if he stays fit.

I bet he isn't.
Super coach at his best, he is a forward/midfielder forced to play in the back pocket.

Smoking Aces said:
I have him as the big improver next year. Will play plenty of senior games if he stays fit.

Hope you are right SA - the more fringe players that step up the greater the pressure on the incumbents.
I'm sure Brad would be happy with any position in the 22.

Smoking Aces said:

Me too Aces. Is a neat kick (despite the odd clanger) and goes harder than most.

tigers80 said:
Such a Debbie Downer...

debbiedowner.jpg

I haven't seen too much to excite me re Helbig, however love his hardness and his starting too fill out to AfL size, in saying that wouldn't be shocked to see him become a good solid foot soldier if he gets a fair run at it

In the latest Hardwick interview he is talking about seeing improvement from the 'Conca' draft.

Apart from Conca, this means Helbig and Batchelor.

Helbig maybe the Tuck replacement. Grunt.