Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Juffaricho said:
I know Helbig plays midfield in the VFL but how are his defensive skills?
Steve Morris is no lock as a long term back pocket and you often see mids or even forwards (Leon Davis etc.) go back and find a niche.
Has Helbig been tried in this role or does he have the attributes to make a nice small running defender who is more composed that Morris?

Nice idea, though he's been underwhelming as a back pocket in the seniors so far. I wouldn't mind seeing him tried as a defensive forward, he's certainly manic enough in his attack on the ball to create an intimidating King-like presence up there. Also played forward a fair bit as a junior IIRC.

Juffaricho said:
Steve Morris is no lock as a long term back pocket and you often see mids or even forwards (Leon Davis etc.) go back and find a niche.
Has Helbig been tried in this role or does he have the attributes to make a nice small running defender who is more composed that Morris?

???? I've seen most. VFL games this year & Biggy has played HBF more often than not

Goes ok too

Juffaricho said:
In keeping with the philosophy that all young players should be transitioned into the team via the back line Hardwick did actually use him there against WCE last year before subbing him out.

Mistake to delist a Richmond player that can perform in finals?

Remember helbig was very good for the seconds in te game that was lost by a kick after te buzzer, at punt road

pessimistic_ said:
we dont really need hunt or gordon but we still have them

as a solider, i like him
Although both much maligned. Hunt and Gordon are simply more accomplished players than Helbig.