Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Ice said:
In the latest Hardwick interview he is talking about seeing improvement from the 'Conca' draft.

Apart from Conca, this means Helbig and Batchelor.

Helbig maybe the Tuck replacement. Grunt.
To me the jury is still out on Hellboy but one thing I will say is that he is now a fine specimen of a footballer. He looks like he has been carved out of granite.

CC TIGER said:
I haven't seen too much to excite me re Helbig, however love his hardness and his starting too fill out to AfL size, in saying that wouldn't be shocked to see him become a good solid foot soldier if he gets a fair run at it

I think this sums it up perfectly. If Helbig or Dea step it up this year and become regulars it will be a huge plus for the club.

Play the kid in his right position, his not a back pocket footballer. Stick him on ball.

dunno RT, Titch is good defensively but pushed off the ball too easily in the packs. If he was to lose form and Helbig was ripping it up in the twos ...

Carter said:
dunno RT, Titch is good defensively but pushed off the ball too easily in the packs. If he was to lose form and Helbig was ripping it up in the twos ...
yep if Edwards Cotchin deledio mart in vlastuin conca Ellis and the rest lose form he'll get a look in

The kid has got talent & Is a good footballer
Now he has the body and 2 years under his belt, This is the time to start playing him in the midfield
wouldnt suprise me at all to see him become a regular in the tough inside midfield we are developing

Bullarto Tiger said:
If he were to make it I would play Helbig in the midfield before Shane Edwards.

Totally agree with this. I don't mind Titch pinch hitting in the midfield but he should be spending 80% of his time in the forward line IMO.

Helbig will be one to watch this year.

there would be a bit of steel in our team with Vlastuin Jackson martin Helbig Arnott Morris dealing out the crash and bash
then deledio cotchin ellis and lennon add the silk

i remember the mid nineties Roos, and the 2000 bombers all having pretty tough players but they worked hard and could use the footy well too

Bullarto Tiger said:
If he were to make it I would play Helbig in the midfield before Shane Edwards.

One thing I've noticed about Helbig is a lack of peripheral vision/awareness of opponents around him. Edwards has him well covered in that department.
Here's hoping Helbig steps up and challenges Edwards for his spot this year.

Ripplestick said:
One thing I've noticed about Helbig is a lack of peripheral vision/awareness of opponents around him. Edwards has him well covered in that department.
Here's hoping Helbig steps up and challenges Edwards for his spot this year.

Agree, also, and like Matt Dea , can be caught out ball watching at times and not always being totally in the moment.

I wish him all the best but I just don't see it.

I don't think this guy will make the grade... C grade midfielder at a club with too many A and B graders.... Best chance lies at another club

Reservoirtiger said:
I don't think this guy will make the grade... C grade midfielder at a club with too many A and B graders.... Best chance lies at another club

He has this year to prove himself - he is certainly a trier so fingers crossed, otherwise will be delisted.

AstuteTiger said:
Pick 47: Brad Helbig
Height: 186cm
Weight: 82kg
Club: West Adelaide (SA)

Elite kick of the footy with both feet. Good pace. Very good overhead. Can play midfield and also forward. Powerful player.
Like I mentioned in another thread it's time we got this kid playing in the role he was recruited for - as a forward. This fascination of playing him as a defender needs to stop.

I see no reason why he couldn't replace King in the team.

Smoking Aces said:
Like I mentioned in another thread it's time we got this kid playing in the role he was recruited for - as a forward. This fascination of playing him as a defender needs to stop.

I see no reason why he couldn't replace King in the team.

Please, please DONT play him. Useless. As good as S.Edwards.

RUNVS said:
Please, please DONT play him. Useless. As good as S.Edwards.
He has been smashed with injuries and played out of position. Needs to be given another opportunity.