Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

More in it for them to get him than the cost of not getting him.

They will pay massive overs we just have to wait it out.

They’ve probably already emotionally attached to getting him so and their fan base will be spewing if they don’t.

Blair knows this too (albeit with what some think about him, you assume he's a star alongside Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber), and will hold out.

There is no way that Freo will let Shai go for a 7 pick downgrade in the 1st round (11 to 18). Whether we throw something in is debatable, but I'm certain we will get both picks 10 and 11.

Freo would be incompetent to let someone like Shai go when they are wanting to go there. If they pay a bit over what they think he's worth, well so be it, but that "overs" isn't what Tiger fans think is overs, because we know how good he is.

I reckon we get 10 and 11 and in 12 months time, Freo supporters will be talking about what a great deal it was, and how lucky they didn't have to pay more.

Reactions: 1 users
These Freo picks could very well end up #12, 13 and 22. Even #13, 14 and 22. FWIW I reckon the latter is right on the cards since Rosa blabbed that he'd match a bid at #5 for Kako. Blabby Blinky Rosa.

Peak Shai is 19D, 1.5GL. That makes him God.

If #13, 14 and 22 is the best Fraudmantle can do I can see why we might have to keep Shai.

IMO #14 is about right for Bakes. And that gives Freo the currency for him. If they can convince Bakes to join them.

The Wanchors got precious little currency.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
He will be an absolute weapon playing over there. Talent alone he is elite ..like top 10 player in the league elite. With quality players like Serong, Young, Brayshaw in the middle - I reckon he will dominate. I am sure that’s not lost on Blair and co.

Reactions: 3 users
Chad Warner looks pie in the sky to me.

Freo may get Shai for unders, say #13, 14 and 22. #13 and #14 is way unders IMO. If we're talking 2025 draft we'd just laugh at them.

Because of the common perception that 2024 is blockbuster the Fritos have a little chance. If they're not utterly stupid (and that remains to be seen) they'll drop this pick #22 *smile*.

Reactions: 1 user
Chad Warner looks pie in the sky to me.

Freo may get Shai for unders, say #13, 14 and 22. #13 and #14 is way unders IMO. If we're talking 2025 draft we'd just laugh at them.

Because of the common perception that 2024 is blockbuster the Fritos have a little chance. If they're not utterly stupid (and that remains to be seen) they'll drop this pick #22 *smile*.
Is there any indication at all that Warner is looking to leave the swans ?

More in it for them to get him than the cost of not getting him.

They will pay massive overs we just have to wait it out.

They’ve probably already emotionally attached to getting him so and their fan base will be spewing if they don’t.
Yeah, reminds me of when we got Dion. Early in the week there was a minority, and a fairly small one, me included, who said 'just pay the money', and a heap saying too dear, hold-off, injury-prone etc etc. As D-Day approached more and more joined the 'just pay the money' camp until by the end it was a big majority.

Imagine you're a Freo fan, and Shai is sitting there, available for purchase, and the club is haggling over the price, which is reasonable at worst? You're thinking imagine our fwd line next year with Treacy, Amis, Shai and Walters? Holy hell if the deal goes to the death they'll be shitting bricks by the end.

Reactions: 5 users
He may be not welcomed back like we all thought
With a few our boys 'liking' a post he and Baker are freo bound.
A bit of Raines/Wood disharmony 2024 version Screenshot_20241013_174154_Messages.jpg

• Wow
He may be not welcomed back like we all thought
With a few our boys 'liking' a post he and Baker are freo bound.
A bit of Raines/Wood disharmony 2024 version View attachment 24614
Well hasn’t Baker always claimed he wants us well compensated? Off to the Dockers then Liam , Christ they are even a better side.

Good to see Timmy getting involved in the trade news

Reactions: 3 users
Just read on BF that someone claiming a 3 team trade is agreed on seeing us lose Baker & 20 & getting pick 7

Saints & Eagles involved

• Love
Reactions: 2 users