Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Heard a snippet recently from the Freo list manager who sounded quite cognisant of the true value of Shai as a uniquely talented contracted player……

then I heard today they are happy to walk away if RFC don’t play nice….

Like seriously …

if you are trying to pry a potential premiership key piece out of another clubs hands whilst contracted AND there are another suitors….
Freo need to get real, open the cheque book and pay up …. Bc I reckon Wet Coke will!

Regards,
Stan

Reactions: 3 users
Heard a snippet recently from the Freo list manager who sounded quite cognisant of the true value of Shai as a uniquely talented contracted player……

Like seriously …

if you are trying to pry a potential premiership key piece out of another clubs hands whilst contracted AND there are another suitors….
Freo need to get real, open the cheque book and pay up …. Bc I reckon Wet Coke will!

Regards,
Stan
The way they’ve behaved I hope they don’t get Shai and he either goes to West Coast or stays with us, and they have an absolute shocker of a year and everyone bags them out about how irrational they were and could have had a match winner on their list.

Reactions: 4 users

Like seriously …

Regards,
Stan
Freo try to be hard nosed in their trading. They are second to Dodoro (RIP ). The good thing is WCE will be licking their lips. They could offer 3 and 14 and next year’s first and maybe a second back for Baker and Bolton .

Reactions: 1 users
I’d be happy with picks 9 & 16 in a deep draft. He’s checked out of the club so best we get the deal done.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
I’d be happy with picks 9 & 16 in a deep draft. He’s checked out of the club so best we get the deal done.
You're Freo, a player like Shai falls into your lap, you walk away and leave him on the shelf for WC at 9 and 10 but will pay 9 and 16? Objectively, it makes no sense at all, its a crazy scenario. 9 and 10 is unders. I'd probably do it all things considered, but its unders. 5 and 10 is around the mark, but of course its not that simple.

Last edited:

Like seriously …

Regards,
Stan
the club/Shai need to go to Wet Coke for #3 & ignore Freo's insolence.

Reactions: 2 users
Freo, with the help of the media and deadshits like Chuck Ralph, trying to throw faux threats of Warner out there.

Yeah. Sure.

Hardball on Shai and Daniel. They stay if that's what it takes.

Reactions: 14 users
Freo, with the help of the media and deadshits like Chuck Ralph, trying to throw faux threats of Warner out there.

Yeah. Sure.

Hardball on Shai and Daniel. They stay if that's what it takes.
They all seem yo forget the most important part. They are contracted. We have nothing to lose here.

It's really sad how dumb some clubs can be.
Bolton is a Top liner, he alongside Houston are the best 2 players in this trade period.
And Fremantle the club that has an empty trophy cabinet is carrying on like its the best club in the country.
Bolton will take them from 10-11 wins to 12-14 wins.
If they don't give up pick 10 & 11. Bolton stays.

They will pay

They are desperate for shai and are terrible at hiding it
Blair is going to milk them and they know it and just trying to at least save pick #18 from getting swallowed up

Relax people its day 1 of the 10 day torture for the fremantle fans just kick back and enjoy the popcorn

1) contracted

2) freo desperate despite the amateurish posturing

3) west coast, cross-town rival with ex-richmond new coach, fresh hope, picks

there is no way freo gets to bend us over a barrel

as others have said just relax folks and enjoy the next ten days

My take is Blair has indicated he wants #10 #11 & #18 That would explain Freo's overreaction.
Blair has balls for sure. He may just pull it off as West Coast is waiting with pick 3.

It's really sad how dumb some clubs can be.
Bolton is a Top liner, he alongside Houston are the best 2 players in this trade period.
And Fremantle the club that has an empty trophy cabinet is carrying on like its the best club in the country.
Bolton will take them from 10-11 wins to 12-14 wins.
If they don't give up pick 10 & 11. Bolton stays.
Spot on. The downplaying of Bolton in the media is ridiculous. Bolton was AA two seasons ago. He is 100% top liner. In fact he is worth double what Houston is in terms of match winning ability. In the right environment Bolton will no doubt be a match winner again. Clubs in the window - he is worth every cent they give up for him.

Reactions: 3 users
damien barrett must hate the idea of a swift RFC resurgence

the downplaying of bolton's worth is indeed utterly ridiculous