Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

What did WC give to get Kelly.
That's what I would accept in compo
Eagles got Kelly, pick 52 and a 2020 third round selection. Geelong got No.14, the future first (No.18 in 2020), 24 and 37.
Or Jizza Cameron GWS to Pussies
Cameron deal, with the Cats giving up three first-round draft picks (13, 15 and 20) and a future fourth-round selection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I can’t see any possibilities with Lynch and Short. Lynch is no guarantee to play much football and comes with a very large salary for the final year of his contract. Short has a long term deal and I can’t think many clubs would want to take that in, if he doesn’t want to go then he’s entitled to stand his ground there, too.
Lynch and Short should absolutely be on the table.

By the time we get our *smile* together as a club - Lynch will be retired. Still has a lot to offer at his best/fittest, but we should be listening to offers where we get some capital for him while he still has some value.

And Short… woof. Get him out of here. He’s proven this season he is of no use to us. Another one who simply coasted around on his reputation this year and refused to roll the sleeves up. Pay half or three quarters of his salary in order to get it done - he’s only blocking a younger, hungrier player from playing games at this point.

No surer way to stuff up a junior forward than to not have any mentors at the club and have Sam Taylor or Harris Andrews lining up on them.
Plus we need a forward to straighten us up. Ryan and Koschitzke aren't going to help with that.

Reactions: 2 users
Lynch and Short should absolutely be on the table.

By the time we get our *smile* together as a club - Lynch will be retired. Still has a lot to offer at his best/fittest, but we should be listening to offers where we get some capital for him while he still has some value.

And Short… woof. Get him out of here. He’s proven this season he is of no use to us. Another one who simply coasted around on his reputation this year and refused to roll the sleeves up. Pay half or three quarters of his salary in order to get it done - he’s only blocking a younger, hungrier player from playing games at this point.
We won’t get anything for Lynch and we’ll wind up paying most of his salary. No one else will want Short and even if they do give us a packet of chips for him (I’d take it), we’ll still have to pay a good part of his salary for the remainder of his contract.

Reactions: 1 users
We won’t get anything for Lynch and we’ll wind up paying most of his salary. No one else will want Short and even if they do give us a packet of chips for him (I’d take it), we’ll still have to pay a good part of his salary for the remainder of his contract.
There's no need to trade him because we still need to pay 94% of the cap.
If he goes we still he forced to pay that money.
It's not like putting the money in a savings account.
I don't understand it, you shouldn't be forced to pay 94 or 95% of the Cap as long your under it, so be it!

I don't understand it, you shouldn't be forced to pay 94 or 95% of the Cap as long your under it, so be it!

The original issue was the some clubs couldn’t afford 95% that had a good list. So this gets rid of that issue and then creates the obvious one where mediocre lists get massively overpaid which then leads to the silliness we see now with clubs taking on other clubs wage bill.

Guess the AFLPA did a good job negotiating.

There is something out there for both Lynch and Short. Both are top liners when fit.
Short is an outside player and needs to have very good mids getting it out,- a top 4 team or a team with the potential or even the mistaken belief that it is good enough to play finals, right for him.
And a fit and firing Lynch is as good as it gets.
Given the TPP rules, rarely do such players find a new home. Unusually we have the cash to finance such a trade, and will have to pay up whether they come or go.
Not saying this will happen, just that it is not as unlikely as it first looks, with our cash pile making the difference.
If it does D’s look to be the most obvious candidate.

There is something out there for both Lynch and Short. Both are top liners when fit.
Short is an outside player and needs to have very good mids getting it out,- a top 4 team or a team with the potential or even the mistaken belief that it is good enough to play finals, right for him.
And a fit and firing Lynch is as good as it gets.
Given the TPP rules, rarely do such players find a new home. Unusually we have the cash to finance such a trade, and will have to pay up whether they come or go.
Not saying this will happen, just that it is not as unlikely as it first looks, with our cash pile making the difference.
If it does D’s look to be the most obvious candidate.
Short in particular - looks like the exact archetype of player the Dees always bring in.

“He’s won flags, so he must be good. No further scouting required. Let’s sign him up on big money!”