Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

How many top 5 picks is Shai worth? 10? We'll do business. It was our idea, after all.

Reactions: 1 users
How many top 5 picks is Shai worth? 10? We'll do business. It was our idea, after all.
All such decisions could only be made by the top man. Now gone.
It was very duplicitous. As a result Shai has spent such a long time playing forward with no further help than Koschitzke was capable of providing.

The club has treated Shai really badly.

It was very duplicitous. As a result Shai has spent such a long time playing forward with no further help than Koschitzke was capable of providing.

The club has provided the means for Bolton to play football at the highest level which includes playing in winning premierships.

The club has provided the financial means for Bolton to play the game he loves while setting him up comfortably for life after footy.

He brought into a contract as guided by his manager that he was presented with by the club and he signed on for 7 years.

Many on this blog keep on blurting about how a player owes the club nothing!

Every player that plays for the Tigers owes the club everything!

Reactions: 13 users
The club has provided the means for Bolton to play football at the highest level which includes playing in winning premierships.

The club has provided the financial means for Bolton to play the game he loves while setting him up comfortably for life after footy.

He brought into a contract as guided by his manager that he was presented with by the club and he signed on for 7 years.

For 99% of the time I agree.
In this case however he has been played in a forward line in a key position where he was expected to be the principal target.
With only Kosy there to help him out.

Our slower than treacle midfield has also been an unmitigated disaster.

Last edited:
For 99% of the time I agree.
In this case however he has been played in a forward line in a key position where he was expected to be the principal target.
With only Kosy there to help him out.
Kosy has been an unmitigated disaster for pretty much the whole on his first of three seasons.

Our slower than treacle midfield has also been an unmitigated disaster.

Shai himself was with Dan, the only one with enough speed and skill to play in that role and get the job done.
He was for the most part denied that opportunity until most games were over.

He was set up to fail by the match committee which couldn’t have taken such a decision without first getting a tick from Gale.
100%

He's worth a top-3 pick and a later first rounder. I imagine that's the genesis of our idea. Turn our elusive rubber man high-flier into Jagga Smith and a tall. Between the two of them they might get somewhere close to approximating Shai.

Reactions: 6 users

And you know this is a fact because...?

View attachment 24092

Freo fans finally getting it.
Bolton and Baker are actually the 2 types of players that Freo are lacking.

Most teams are lacking a Bolton he is top class high end X factor especially in a good side.

They go hard for both if they are at all serious about become contenders for the next few years.

Bolton and Baker will lift them.

If they want to play finalas and they are in a hurry to do so they will pay up.

Thats why Freo losing tonight is not the worst result for the RFC.

Gives the Tigers even more leverage as the Frockers will be more desperate to soothe their fan base and mambership who will be pisssed as.

Reactions: 8 users
Bolton and Baker are actually the 2 types of players that Freo are lacking.

Most teams are lacking a Bolton he is top class high end X factor especially in a good side.

They go hard for both if they are at all serious about become contenders for the next few years.

Bolton and Baker will lift them.

If they want to play finalas and they are in a hurry to do so they will pay up.

Thats why Freo losing tonight is not the worst result for the RFC.

Gives the Tigers even more leverage as the Frockers will be more desperate to soothe their fan base and mambership who will be pisssed as.
Do we accept 9 10 17 27 for Bolton and Baker?

Reactions: 3 users

Move him on , he is a selective chaser , 2 top 10 picks see ya ..

Reactions: 1 user
Do we accept 9 10 17 27 for Bolton and Baker?

Its probably in the ballpark, even though we want more.

But If Toce cant turn that into 1 star (joeberry), 1 very good player (travaglia) and a couple of good KPF's, sue for his salary back.

Im Not sold really on Serong. He shat his pants last night

Bolton's insta is making it look like he's already in Perth. No Mad Monday get together or end of season review/chat with the Coach?

The worst coaching move of the year, keeping Shai away from the midfield.
He has attended the most centre bounces apparently, which surprised me when i noticed the stat on the AFL website, but agree 100%.

Our midfield is so one paced, that i struggle to see how the only player that provides a point of difference is stuck in the forward line.

The worst part of the Hopper / Taranto move now is that assuming we load up on some top line mids in this draft, do they get stuck out on flanks while the turn over kings occupy the guts?

Maybe Hadwicks departure had more to do with the spuds he brought in rather than the sausages already in the menu. (see what i did there, eh!)

Reactions: 1 users
Shai & Dan were the only 2 who looked better than average on Saturday. Take them both out & we're in a bit of a pickle.
No matter how many draft picks we get we're unlikely to snaffle players of their ilk.

Reactions: 1 user