Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Good luck to Shai , but he has never been good for my blood pressure.
Glad he’s going to Freo. (Rather than WC)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The only way we’re getting both is if Baker goes there as well.
They both go to Freo and we take their 3 first rounders.

They aint getting two prime age premiership players with 4 medals for 2 firsts.

If Freo want to make finals after this years shitttshow finish they will pay the price as these 2 along with Darcy Treacy and Pearce back into their side makes them September protagonists as opposed to the side that couldn't get the job done last week.

Baker can go to WCE and maybe we can ask for the pick they get for Barass.

Now Jack Martin has apparently done a medical for Fremantle. Another small forward. Reckon Freo will try and screw us. I hope Tigers don't let up and hold Bolton to his contract if so.

Reactions: 1 users
Now Jack Martin has apparently done a medical for Fremantle. Another small forward. Reckon Freo will try and screw us. I hope Tigers don't let up and hold Bolton to his contract if so.
They want Bolton!!
He is there no one priority, we will get what we want

Martin too injury prone cant get on the park

Wish I could fast forward to the future & see what the draft picks we get for Shai will end up delivering. Extremely disappointing to lose a player from our club of his calibre on the verge of his football prime. The grass isn’t always greener.

Reactions: 2 users
Wish I could fast forward to the future & see what the draft picks we get for Shai will end up delivering. Extremely disappointing to lose a player from our club of his calibre on the verge of his football prime. The grass isn’t always greener.
But if he wants to go for family reasons, which weren’t there when he signed the contract, then we’re better off doing the best deal we possibly can. If they don’t want to part with something worthwhile then he has to honour his contract, which I believe he said he will do if the deal isn’t good for us.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not disappointed - I'm excited to see what eventuates. I don't believe that Bolton, for his talent, was the right type for where we are now. Even if the combine talent quota of the two draftees we bring in for him doesn't reach his level - maybe they bring other qualities, more suitable to our situation. Fascinating period the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: 1 users
There is no way Jack Martin will impact their pursuit of Bolton.

Not a chance. Both of them in the forward half, with potentially Warner next year makes them a genuine premiership threat. The connection from midfield to forward line is the issue they have. Martin may help with crumbing in the forward line, but he won't help with the rest. Bolton does. Rightly so, Bolton should be their number 1 priority.

They also won't give up much for Martin, maybe a future 3rd or something. Its whether we get 9 and 10 or 9, 17 and something else (possibly a player). I'm thinking the deals likely to be 9, 17 and a player, maybe Cooper Simpson or if we liked him as a tall defender Ollie Murphy.

and sometimes it is

My point was that he's now a 3rd small forward linked to Fremantle. He wouldn't have done a medical for them if they had no interest. Pickett has requested a trade to Freo also. They might decide a 2 for 1 deal and hedge their bets if they believe Tigers are asking too much. It would have been much more comforting if every small Aboriginal forward the league hadn't requested to go to Freo next year. And how does it affect Baker? Not ideal.

• Sad