Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Lots of people really struggle with a laconic style.

I understand why. making it appear easy can be annoying.

Joel Bowden. Darren Jarman. $hai Bolton

I reckon if Chanel 7 put vital signs monitors on these blokes,

we'd see often the laconic bloke is busting his gut,

and the frantic bloke is bludging.

Reactions: 2 users
So what does that make your opinion???? Nothing but another *smile* joining all the other opinionated arseholes making noise.
Well noted by fans and meedjia that, he's inconsistent, he's not a reliable kick for goal, he's constantly giving away 50 metre penalties for stupid and petulant infringements, he often tries to make all the mercurial flash play by himself when he should be involving his team mates more ( cardinal sin in a team sport ), which he often stuffs up.
While they're not the be all and end all, he's averaging all of 79 ranking points per game for the season, hardly elite level performance or consistency.

Bloke has all of the games abilities n talents at his fingertips, could and should easily be up there with the best that the game has seen in any era. Perhaps we fans will see it evolve and solidify over the next five years of his career, but I'm not so sure.

.. Insults don’t help either side of this argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Would have thought Bolton might like to go out with a really excellent performance for his last game i the Yellow and Black.
Got two premiership medals but seems he couldn't be fagged putting in a committed effort to the Club that has set him up for life.

Reactions: 1 user
Would have thought Bolton might like to go out with a really excellent performance for his last game i the Yellow and Black.
Got two premiership medals but seems he couldn't be fagged putting in a committed effort to the Club that has set him up for life.

He got a massive cookie in the first qtr and was struggling to run at times……

Reactions: 1 users
He got a massive cookie in the first qtr and was struggling to run at times……
Cookie GIF by NBC

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
The worst coaching move of the year, keeping Shai away from the midfield.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
His trip back home during the mid season break was the catalyst.
made him realise that his kid got to spend time with his grandfather, which was a rarity.

His trip back home during the mid season break was the catalyst.
made him realise that his kid got to spend time with his grandfather, which was a rarity.
We see them as “our” players. But there’s a lot to life, especially in those formative years, that bonding with little kids and their grandparents.
Knowing that first hand, as many other posters do, what a joy and important part of life it is. For the little uns, parents and grandparents. And for the little uns to know extended family.
I can understand the emotional toll it can have on young parents so far from immediate family.

Hopefully it can be sorted out and there are no losers in this.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
How many teams can say they have lost their b& f in most likely Rioli & leading goal kicker Shai in the one season ?

Would he have requested a trade if we weren’t poor? Same with Dan?
Of course not. If they both leave they will be bailing because it has all got too hard for them. They’ve enjoyed the great times but don’t want to deal with the tough times of the rebuild.

In complete contrast to a legend like Broady.

Reactions: 10 users