Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Can somebody shut that moron Jon Ralph up ? Besides all his other crap about Richmond and what they should and shouldn't do, now he's carping on about picks 9 and 10 being a great deal for Shai.

*** off you idiot. That's 11 and 12 or worse. Stop pushing your **** out into the public and help create an unsatisfactory outcome for us. Guy is clueless about football.

I swear that guy isn't a Richmond fan. No way with all the crap he speaks about us.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Can somebody shut that moron Jon Ralph up ? Besides all his other crap about Richmond and what they should and shouldn't do, now he's carping on about picks 9 and 10 being a great deal for Shai.

*** off you idiot. That's 11 and 12 or worse. Stop pushing your **** out into the public and help create an unsatisfactory outcome for us. Guy is clueless about football.

I swear that guy isn't a Richmond fan. No way with all the crap he speaks about us.
The worst journo out there. And that's saying something.

Reactions: 4 users

I heard him say it too.
It almost cost me a TV
2 top 10 picks or at least 1 top 5 picks

That’s a fair rant Redfords :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user

Well he can crap on all he likes but as long as Blair Hartley thinks that’s a sh*t deal is all that matters.

Reactions: 4 users
If Shai was redrafted where would he go? Top 5 you would think. Maybe even top 3. That’s a starting point.

Reactions: 1 users
What did West Coast give up for Kelly? Would think Shai would be worth same or better.

What did West Coast give up for Kelly? Would think Shai would be worth same or better.
West Coast finish with:

• Tim Kelly
  • Pick No.52 (from Essendon)
  • Geelong's 2020 third-round pick
Geelong finish with:

• Pick No.14
  • Pick No.24
  • Pick No.37 (from Essendon)
  • West Coast's 2020 first-round pick
Shai is a match winner game breaker much better player than Kelly

Bolton is arguably our best player, a match winner and a proven quantity about to enter his prime. Why would we let him go for a pick that might - if we are lucky - give us a player that might haver the potential to become as good a Shai (but could also not even come close to achieving what Shai has)? 2 top 10 picks at the very least - with one of them at the pointy end!

Reactions: 2 users
West Coast finish with:

• Tim Kelly
  • Pick No.52 (from Essendon)
  • Geelong's 2020 third-round pick
Geelong finish with:

• Pick No.14
  • Pick No.24
  • Pick No.37 (from Essendon)
  • West Coast's 2020 first-round pick
Shai is a match winner game breaker much better player than Kelly

But the year Kelly was traded 2019 (only his second season), he'd just won All Aus, finished 2nd in B&F both years and finished top 5 in the brownlow.

That was the level (or higher) West Coast thought they were trading in.

They also made the semi-finals that year, after winning the flag in 2018. They would have thought the future 1st would be 13-18.

But the year Kelly was traded 2019 (only his second season), he'd just won All Aus, finished 2nd in B&F both years and finished top 5 in the brownlow.

That was the level (or higher) West Coast thought they were trading in.

They also made the semi-finals that year, after winning the flag in 2018. They would have thought the future 1st would be 13-18.
It was. 18 I believe.

How bad is he. An Essendon supporter draped in Richmond colours.

How bad is he. An Essendon supporter draped in Richmond colours.
He has to be an AFL "operative". Just has to be. Every time one of our players gets reported he calls for a ridiculous penalty. We get reamed on the free kick count for years and he says it's our game style - you know the one that everyone else has copied. And now, we have to release our best players and get *** over doing it.

It's all I can do to stop punching the tv every time he talks about Richmond.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yet for all the flashy brilliance n talent of $hai, he's still bloody inconsistent, petulant and worst of all, to often tries to do it all by himself. Love the talent but often so frustrated by the way he uses it.

The amount of articles I'm reading about the amazing draft haul we could have, and then it goes on to say something like 'picks 1, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21....'

The picks need to be way better than that.

Reactions: 3 users
The amount of articles I'm reading about the amazing draft haul we could have, and then it goes on to say something like 'picks 1, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21....'

The picks need to be way better than that.
Needs to have at least 2 top 10 picks, but I don’t think it will have.

If the best we can do for Bolton is picks 13 and 14 then it’s time to hand the keys back!
He is quite possibly the difference between Freo being in flag contention and heading into the prime of his career and we’re prepared to give him up for 13 & 14?
Must involve a pick in the top 5 or forget it. All this talk of Freo not being able to trade their first round this year isn’t our problem. You want Bolton well this is price. We don’t care how you get it but don’t come back until you do.
A 30 like post if ever I've read one, Cooper. But here's the thing - a top five pick is actually pick #8. ;D

A 30 like post if ever I've read one, Cooper. But here's the thing - a top five pick is actually pick #8. ;D

Remembering of course that F/S and Academy picks don't actually dilute our access to the pool of available players. If anything, it gives us leverage to improve our draft hand if we decide to bid.

It's only the compo picks that'll push out the value of any picks we have after them. And how many of those will be top 10, top 20?