Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Nothing in this years draft that can replace Shai.
But get Freo for everything Sonny Weaver Jnr style. 3 first rds as a starting point. How that breaks out is irrelevant

Reactions: 2 users
We've been missing the best of Shai all year. He's been disinterested at best. I'd rather he was gone than continue delivering what he has this season.
we are by far the worst offensive team in the comp and hes still managed to kick 33 goals which is not a bad return.

only other player on our list to kick 33+ in a season is lynch and he cant get on the park. we are cooked next year.

Reactions: 1 users
One issue I see is if he does go, and say Rioli went, what happens with our salary cap? Do we pay overs to players for new contracts to get over the minimum payment required or do we trade for a gun young player?
We frontload the crap out of Balta's Tiger for Life deal.

Reactions: 3 users
I respect what he has done at our club but he signed a contract wasn’t forced to do so now hes willing to break it to play elsewhere
Can’t have it both ways

Looks like Ralph Malph went 1 step too far. Mitch Cleary also said Bolton's 'yet to request a trade'.....*smile* seagulls.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting interaction between Vlastuin and Bolton at half time yesterday, just as the players were regrouping to walk off the ground. Vlas was clearly very unhappy about something Shai had (or had not) done. He was giving him a huge earful and pointing and waving his arms around. No fisticuffs or anything but he was really making a point. They ended up walking off together but the conversation didn't stop.
Now there is a contrast of work ethic.

Both his manager and club denying Shai has asked to be traded
Maybe he’s just hoping it didn’t get out till after Suns game

ouch GIF

PRE

I respect what he has done at our club but he signed a contract wasn’t forced to do so now hes willing to break it to play elsewhere
Can’t have it both ways
Probably knew he would extend his family during that time too. It stinks a bit tbh.

Looks like Ralph Malph went 1 step too far. Mitch Cleary also said Bolton's 'yet to request a trade'.....*smile* seagulls.

Jon Ralph is correct.

The manager says he hasn’t requested a trade then basically says he has requested a trade…

“Shai Bolton has not requested a trade. We have had some ongoing discussions with Richmond throughout the season where he has indicated that he would be open to the idea of returning home to Perth if a suitable deal can be struck that benefits all parties involved.

That’s pretty much requesting a trade to me.

Reactions: 4 users
So some are saying two top 10 picks, with Freo that's currently 9 & 10. I like to look back a few years to see what happened. I've ignored F/S and academy cause wouldn't get them anyway and usually gone lower than they otherwise would have.

2020 Archie Perkins (Ess) & Zach Reid (Ess)
2019 Kysiaih Pickett (Dees) & Sam Flanders (GC)
2018 Chayse Jones (Ade) & Jye Caldwell (Ess)
2017 Aaron Naughton (Bulldogs) & Lochie O'Brien's (Car)
2016 Will Brodie (Freo) & Oliver Florent (Ess)
2015 Harry McKay (Car) & Wayne Milera (Ade)

What do we think? I would really prefer a top 5 pick included somehow.