Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Just out of interest I looked at the Freo board on Big Footy to see the temperature in the room of their trade draft thread.

Seriously they are saying 1 first rounder is ample for Bolton because he is from WA and wants to go home.

Forgot about his what 5-year contract and the fact he is a top tier X factor player in the league.

This coming from a mob who demanded 2 first rounders for *smile* from the Flag pies.

FMD.

Its 2 first rounders clowns and it'll be both of em in the top 10 or GAGF
We are the same on here, we want stars with junk picks.

If he doesn't go this year he'll ask to go again next year.

Do the deal, but it must be 2 top ten picks MINIMUM

Reactions: 4 users
No bitterness here - its best for him and best for the club where we are currently at. He is the cherry on the cake, we have no cake. Blair just needs to do his job. All this talk of 2 or 3 first rounders. It depends where in the first round. I would like West Coasts pick 3...

Reactions: 10 users
If we were to end up with Smith, Reid, FOS and Travalgia I wouldn’t be against a trade. An icing on top player and it’s obvious he has no leadership qualities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Regardless of what you think of him he will be a huge loss. Despite playing for the worst team in the league where an inside 50 is a novelty more than a game plan, and despite playing a reasonable amount of midfield time, he sits 8th on the goal kicking list of players 190cm or shorter, only a goal from being 6th. Often when he is playing midfield, things happen, not because he's a gun midfielder but because he has that pace we sorely lack.

Simply he's not easily replaceable, he's contracted and we need to receive fair to overstated compensation or no deal.

One issue I see is if he does go, and say Rioli went, what happens with our salary cap? Do we pay overs to players for new contracts to get over the minimum payment required or do we trade for a gun young player?

Reactions: 11 users
Of the 201 goals our team has kicked in 2024, Bolton has personally kicked 33 or 16.4% of them.

This is a big loss.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Will $hai be picked to play against the Suns?
If he does interesting how the crowd will react

He may not be immediately replaceable but we're now looking at long term and his trade value is worth more than what he will bring to the table in the next few years as a player who doesn't want to be a Riverland. Thanks for the Memories Shai and good luck hopefully he can find his best football again

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else find the timing of this a bit weird?
Why do it now with one game to go? Why not next week when the season is done?

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else find the timing of this a bit weird?
Why do it now with one game to go? Why not next week when the season is done?
Maybe club pressed him for an answer and Ralphy got a whiff of it somehow. Or maybe Ralphy is talking through his you know what.

We've been missing the best of Shai all year. He's been disinterested at best. I'd rather he was gone than continue delivering what he has this season.

Reactions: 2 users
For those having a go at Shai he is a young guy about to have two little kids and a partner who’s family is in WA. He is a person as well as being a footballer and maybe looking after a young family is harder than they thought. Wouldn’t be the first ones.

He is also 8 year tiger, life member, has gone close to winning a JDM a couple of times, about to be a Michael Roach medal winner, AA and dual premiership player.

I for one won’t be judging him, I reckon he loves RFC but is supporting his family first.

Thank him for his service to the club, cheer him next weekend and then move on.

• Love
Reactions: 32 users
I couldn't stomach to watch his disgruntled lazy ass run around playing a good game every 5 weeks. Sell and sell high. Freaky little forwards are not that hard to come by.
the lack of respect for bolton amongst some richmond supporters is crazy to me.

will be a top 10 player at freo guaranteed. then these same supporters will all be complaining when the kids we take are no where near as good as he is which i doubt they will be.

Reactions: 3 users