Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

So when he signed the long term deal the thought of having kids & being away from a family network never entered his head ?

Is that code for club is crap now ?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Bolton had the ball on the southern side between flank and wing during the quarter (certainly will not be watching the game again...but saw live). Vlaustin was screaming at him to pass it inboard and Shai ignored....and Vlaustin gave him a real mouthful after it wasnt passed. I assume a continuation on this discussion.
Not the 1st time he's done it. Same with ignoring the flogs and causing 50s.

Reactions: 1 users
Bolton had the ball on the southern side between flank and wing during the quarter (certainly will not be watching the game again...but saw live). Vlaustin was screaming at him to pass it inboard and Shai ignored....and Vlaustin gave him a real mouthful after it wasnt passed. I assume a continuation on this discussion.
Probably correct, Vlas was pointing towards SKWarne Stand side when he was talking to him.

As others have said he is a big loss but his loss may ultimately be for a better gain.
At this stage I am happy to roll the dice.

Reactions: 3 users
I couldn't stomach to watch his disgruntled lazy ass run around playing a good game every 5 weeks. Sell and sell high. Freaky little forwards are not that hard to come by. They aren't FF or CHF. The flag is won in the guts down back and up forward. Big forwards. The is the year we fix the guts and maybe up forward.

Reactions: 6 users
Yes he plays against the Suns unless he is injured.

Otherwise you are telegraphing that you accept he - as a contracted player - is going, thus undermining your own leverage.

To say nothing of not giving teammates and fans one last time, which is mean spiritied and not generally received well, particularly internally wihtin the playing group.

Reactions: 13 users
If we somehow walk away with 1-3-5 this year our midfield is virtually fixed. Don't forget we will be in bottom 4 calc next year too.
I think it's more likely to be 1-5-9 which ain't chump change.

I would. He is a dual premiership player and still a Richmond player.
The rest is business and if he goes he goes.
Play him, kick 6 and put the price up
Ha ha & as a going away present he kicks 6 , we win & loose pick 1.

I think he plays, we were already travelling down to farewell Dusty & Shai is one of our family's favourite players , so chance for kids to see him potentially one last time. Bitter sweet feel to it.

This will show us if we have shifted as a club. In the past we have let players go with little kick back. Right now we need to bring our inner Dodoro out of us.

Anything less than 1 top 10 pick plus another pick in the teens and a future 2nd is not acceptable.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
So when he signed the long term deal the thought of having kids & being away from a family network never entered his head ?

Is that code for club is crap now ?
Or code for I don’t have the mettle to help this club go through the rebuild.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users