Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Interesting interaction between Vlastuin and Bolton at half time yesterday, just as the players were regrouping to walk off the ground. Vlas was clearly very unhappy about something Shai had (or had not) done. He was giving him a huge earful and pointing and waving his arms around. No fisticuffs or anything but he was really making a point. They ended up walking off together but the conversation didn't stop.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
If the headline tomorrow isn't "Shai Bolting from Punt Rd" sack everybody at the paper.

No shock, we move on. Get the deal done or he stays but it is very rare that things don't get worked out from this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I've heard this "Boltons management approached Freo", but we've heard from player managers in the past and clubs too. Adelaide for example, have said that they are in touch with pretty much all SA players playing interstate, they talk about players all the time, and no doubt they'd have asked numerous times about Shai. Most likely the media have heard of his agent maybe going back to Freo and saying there is potential interest there this year but doesn't mean thats where it started. There's little chance that any player just says "I want to go to this or that state" without having their manager aware of strong interest from at least 1 club.

As to getting the currency to get both Bolton and Warner. How's this.

1st 2 picks (9 and 10) plus 24 for Shai and our Future 3rd (or a 3rd this year if they need some picks to take to the draft).
Freo then trade their 3rd 1st rounder (17) to Brisbane, who then trade it for as many points as they can.

Freo go into next years draft with their own 1st, plus Brisbanes (they'll death ride them) and have our F3rd. Trading 2 years in advance comes in next year too, so their 1st rounders in 2026 and 2027 come live, plus they could trade players out.

I still think West Coast have the picks plus the salary cap space. Surely would be showing some interest around trade time.

3, Barrass pick and 23 would probably net them Bolton and Baker.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
So assuming Bolton or his management rang Ralphy to tell him the news, what's a fair deal? Does their current #9 and #10 do it? I think not.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting interaction between Vlastuin and Bolton at half time yesterday, just as the players were regrouping to walk off the ground. Vlas was clearly very unhappy about something Shai had (or had not) done. He was giving him a huge earful and pointing and waving his arms around. No fisticuffs or anything but he was really making a point. They ended up walking off together but the conversation didn't stop.
Bolton had the ball on the southern side between flank and wing during the quarter (certainly will not be watching the game again...but saw live). Vlaustin was screaming at him to pass it inboard and Shai ignored....and Vlaustin gave him a real mouthful after it wasnt passed. I assume a continuation on this discussion.

Reactions: 2 users