Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Yeah i can live with that. I think Rioli will win the JDM and i think he is our most consistent player atm.

I do think Daniels role is one of the easier to get players for though .We do have a pile of running players, the question is what quality are they.
Bolton id like to keep because we just don't have a quality small forward and i think Shai is one of the better ones going around. His age a year younger also makes him more appealing to keep imo.

But yeah id be happy to keep Rioli and trade Bolton we do need to get our hands on some good early picks over the next two seasons so either way we would achieve that.
It's criminal that Rioli hasn't at least been tried in the midfield this year.

So many wasted opportunities.

Reactions: 3 users
He has absolute star qualities but is a finisher of good work; not a player to build a side around. Not his fault; it’s just who he is. The smart move is to take pick 6 and 10 now. You will get 2 very good midfielders for that in this draft.

Reactions: 2 users
Checked out. Lights are off. Locker just about empty.
if it was his idea to head home he'd feel like he owed the club a little more than ... this.

we've totally moved on him, told him he'll feature in the trade period.

morale in the squad would be pretty low and mounting losses are what you get.

Reactions: 1 user
Feels that way. He has a right to go home with two kids.

I’m not mad, will miss watching him. But it’s a big blow.
No one will begrudge him for doing that. He is a two time premiership player.

But….we must be compensated adequately. Nothing short of 2 first round draft picks.

We can use the Tim Kelly trade an a clear precedent.

Kelly's wish was finally granted after being traded the Eagles, who had traded Picks 14, 24, 37 and future first round pick to get Kelly. He signed a 6-year contract estimated worth $5 million.

Reactions: 4 users

But….we must be compensated adequately. Nothing short of 2 first round draft picks.

Kelly's wish was finally granted after being traded the Eagles, who had traded Picks 14, 24, 37 and future first round pick to get Kelly. He signed a 6-year contract estimated worth $5 million.

In points value the Tim Kelly deal was worth around 3,200 which just happens to be almost the same as pick 6 and 10.

Richmond will want Fremantle and Collingwood to lose their last 2 matches. Don't want Fremantle making the finals.

Reactions: 3 users
In points value the Tim Kelly deal was worth around 3,200 which just happens to be almost the same as pick 6 and 10.

Richmond will want Fremantle and Collingwood to lose their last 2 matches. Don't want Fremantle making the finals.
If it’s 6 & 10. Then take it and run.

Then trade pick 6 & Baker for pick 3 & 23 to WCE.

Go to the draft with Pick 1, 3, 10, 21 & 23.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
FOS Draper Allan Shanahan Gerreyn. Incredible.

If the Rioli trade came in as well

That could be say Suns 9 and 13 or so with something coming back for points to them or % salary payments.

Could even look at 9 and Baker for pick 3 & 23 from West Coast.

How would picks 1, 3, 6, 10, 13, 21, 22 (Graham FA) & 23 look like in hitting the draft?

Would be other deals to come too.

Dockers a massive chance to miss the 8.

Yep the Tim Kelly deal is the template but it must include a top 10 pick.

If Bolton asks for a trade -

The ladder is changing quite quickly - Fremantle has matches against GWS and Port and could lose both. Collingwood could easily lose it's last 2 matches.

Would mean Fremantle's first 2 picks could drop as low as 6 & 10 - Would think that would be enough for a trade to temp Richmond if it comes to that.
In a heartbeat.

draper will definately go at crows pick

I wonder if North would be willing to split to go back.

If Rioli and Bolton leave.

Trade something like the 6 & 21 for pick 2 off North.

Trade 9 & Baker for 3 & 23 off West Coast.

Could end up with picks 1 ,2 ,3, 10, 13, 22, 23 + other deals or late picks.

Will be barracking for a few teams to win or lose over the next couple of weeks.

If the Rioli trade came in as well

That could be say Suns 9 and 13 or so with something coming back for points to them or % salary payments.

Could even look at 9 and Baker for pick 3 & 23 from West Coast.

How would picks 1, 3, 6, 10, 13, 21, 22 (Graham FA) & 23 look like in hitting the draft?

Would be other deals to come too.
I think we can keep Bakes and Sos and still walk away stacked. Graham goes as well.

Cashing in my Shai chips. Not the superstar we want, nor need.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users