Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Come now, let's read between the lines here.

First Teague leaves, now Bolton is suddenly wanting out to WA?

Bulldust. Hartley is active this week. Week of the long knives.

"Shai, you're a superstar and we love you, but we are gonna trade your ass."
It's too early for that internal comms. That stuff isn't going to get discussed for another week. The players know this already.

Edit: the above was wrong. I just checked the calendar. First week in August was my mail, so should be next week.

Unless he wants out he’s the one I’d trade the least. Goal kicking mids don’t grow on trees. Get better players around him. He can be a Premiership player with us again. He will be at Freo if we trade him.

Reactions: 9 users
I wouldn't be pushing him out, but he's not as good as we'd hoped he'd be. If he wants to go, I'd milk the value and set us up. Otherwise, he stays. Gotta push hard on this fella

Reactions: 4 users
Personal insults aside, so let's get rid of the talent we have, maybe we can push below last place. This is more reason to keep our CONTRACTED quality mid-20s aged players. Giving long contracts and then reneging on them at the first opportunity isn't going to endear us as a destination club in the future, and that's critical if indeed we do attain quality via the draft over the next 3 years or so. It's a balancing act, some are going way in excess of the reality of what we know will happen, we're not trading all of them.
It's a 2 way street tigerlove. If Shai n Sausage have their managers doing their jobs properly and sniffing around future options for their players, then who's doing the reneging on the contracts???
We're just having a year of Bakes maybe, dunno, might go, might stay. If Sausage n Shai aren't quite certain that they want to stay in Vic, or perhaps not sure they want to spend the rest of their careers going through a rebuild then they're just as entitled to have a look n a think about things that might be best for them as the club would be in considering it's future needs.

Unless he wants out he’s the one I’d trade the least. Goal kicking mids don’t grow on trees. Get better players around him. He can be a Premiership player with us again. He will be at Freo if we trade him.
He's a mid now is he. Nah. He's a small forward who rolls through the middle and when the conditions suit him he can be electrifying there but it doesn't happen often. Needs more hard ball winners to feed him. If he goes to Freo, he will absolutely dominate.

Reactions: 1 users