Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

You don't need a huge abundance of top end draft picks, you need the right ones.

and there it is, in all its sweet, sweet, hypocritical glory.

you say that Bolton shouldn't be added to the trade table because "drafting is a lottery", yet in the same breath you are absolutely fine with the concept of nailing LESS picks under your conservative scenario.

which is it gonna be, oh drafting guru? must be so nice to have a bob each way in this argument.

I trust our recruiting staff to nail most picks, especially high ones, but they'd better be trained by Robin Hood himself to nail the motsa of twentysomething picks you have lined up for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Interestingly in today's Gettable on the AFL website with regards to Bolton that Cal Twomey said that -

"Freo is still chasing him and he wants to get back to Western Australia. He will pursue this."

of course he will.

the club will look at accelerating Yze's vision for the list as soon as possible. Bolton is the PERFECT TRADE.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
and there it is, in all its sweet, sweet, hypocritical glory.

you say that Bolton shouldn't be added to the trade table because "drafting is a lottery", yet in the same breath you are absolutely fine with the concept of nailing LESS picks under your conservative scenario.

which is it gonna be, oh drafting guru? must be so nice to have a bob each way in this argument.

I trust our recruiting staff to nail most picks, especially high ones, but they'd better be trained by Robin Hood himself to nail the motsa of twentysomething picks you have lined up for us.

What motsa of 20 something picks I have us lined up for? In my trading hyptheticals I have 1 20 something pick (our 1st pick of the 2nd round), which we will decide on its value on draft night, we might get a great deal to push it higher into 2025. Again you keep peddling the same crap that no-one else is thinking of trading up and happy to take mid range second rounders. No-one is saying that at all.

My strategy has us with Picks 1 and 6, we should nail 2 very good mids with that. Then at 17 you take a mid thats slid down the order, maybe someone with high upside in Hotton or the best of the talls.

You seem to glaze over peoples posts and then make up what they say to ensure it fits your narrative.

Reactions: 3 users
of course he will.

the club will look at accelerating Yze's vision for the list as soon as possible. Bolton is the PERFECT TRADE.

If Shai WANTS to leave then its a different scenario. You don't keep players that don't want to be here, but thats not whats been stated from Shai's camp. Until he comes out and says he wants out, then we shouldn't be courting offers. If he wants out, then things change, and we need to see what is the best option for the club.

Reactions: 5 users
You seem to glaze over peoples posts and then make up what they say to ensure it fits your narrative.

lol this is just because I highlighted where your argument topples over ha ha

your strategy is optimistic, just like your love for our 18th list. I don't think we're getting 6 under your pathway.

If Shai WANTS to leave then its a different scenario. You don't keep players that don't want to be here, but thats not whats been stated from Shai's camp. Until he comes out and says he wants out, then we shouldn't be courting offers. If he wants out, then things change, and we need to see what is the best option for the club.
he'll want out.

Cal Twomey may have some info from player managers etc but was a bit surprising to hear him basically say today that Shai will be asking for a trade to Fremantle.

Reactions: 1 user
when this deal gets done with Freo, folks will clamoring to nod sagely and say "it was good business, Shai was lairising, we need to rebuild our midfield"

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
lol this is just because I highlighted where your argument topples over ha ha

your strategy is optimistic, just like your love for our 18th list. I don't think we're getting 6 under your pathway.

Rubbish. Just because my argument differs to yours it doesn't topple over. I can pick as many holes in yours too. Essentially your opinion vs mine, and most likely neither of us will ever know we are right. Maybe, just maybe, learn to be a bit more open to others views as yours have been flawed in the past. You aren't some sort of list management sage. Far from it.

when this deal gets done with Freo, folks will clamoring to nod sagely and say "it was good business, Shai was lairising, we need to rebuild our midfield"

I won't be saying that. I'll say I'll miss watching Shai. He brings a lot of highlights despite a lot of supporters wishing to tear him down. If we make a deal when he wants out then fair enough but I'll not be saying I'm happy to see him go.

Rubbish. Just because my argument differs to yours it doesn't topple over. I can pick as many holes in yours too. Essentially your opinion vs mine, and most likely neither of us will ever know we are right. Maybe, just maybe, learn to be a bit more open to others views as yours have been flawed in the past. You aren't some sort of list management sage. Far from it.

I am not a list management guru, I am merely pointing out that you are most certainly aren’t either.

I post opinions on this forum, some are right some are wrong. If I was actually a part of the industry this would be a worry lol but I am just a punter

All you do is post porridge about how good our last-placed list is and how you can’t wait to see Jack Ross leading our midfield next season.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I won't be saying that. I'll say I'll miss watching Shai. He brings a lot of highlights despite a lot of supporters wishing to tear him down. If we make a deal when he wants out then fair enough but I'll not be saying I'm happy to see him go.

Well you’re fun that’s for sure

Cal Twomey may have some info from player managers etc but was a bit surprising to hear him basically say today that Shai will be asking for a trade to Fremantle.
So if true after this year we have:
1. No cake (Cotch, Dusty, Jack...etc)
2. No icing (Shai...etc)
3. No Baker

oh no...we'll be on a gluten-free diet for a long time!

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I am not a list management guru, I am merely pointing out that you are most certainly aren’t either.

I post opinions on this forum, some are right some are wrong. If I was actually a part of the industry this would be a worry lol but I am just a punter

All you do is post porridge about how good our last-placed list is and how you can’t wait to see Jack Ross leading our midfield next season.

Show me a post where I said that. You constantly state where other peoples arguments fall down, and your "backup" for why our opinions aren't valued is stuff that you've made up to suit your agenda.

I'm happy to discuss different opinions on here, but your focus is to tear any opinion that differs to yours down by by making *smile* up that people haven't said. You are like the boards own Donald Trump. Its what happens when you don't have a lot of conviction behind your views, you can't provide anything more than crap so you go on the offensive.

Personal insults aside, so let's get rid of the talent we have, maybe we can push below last place. This is more reason to keep our CONTRACTED quality mid-20s aged players. Giving long contracts and then reneging on them at the first opportunity isn't going to endear us as a destination club in the future, and that's critical if indeed we do attain quality via the draft over the next 3 years or so. It's a balancing act, some are going way in excess of the reality of what we know will happen, we're not trading all of them.

Show me a post where I said that. You constantly state where other peoples arguments fall down, and your "backup" for why our opinions aren't valued is stuff that you've made up to suit your agenda.

I'm happy to discuss different opinions on here, but your focus is to tear any opinion that differs to yours down by by making *smile* up that people haven't said. You are like the boards own Donald Trump. Its what happens when you don't have a lot of conviction behind your views, you can't provide anything more than crap so you go on the offensive.

Are you saying I can’t have fun on PRE?

Hey let's not bring Donald Trump into this thread!! :ROFLMAO: Trump for all his faults is way more entertaining and richer than Baron Carter!!

• Haha